OCULUS VR + TOUCH “RAK” GIVEAWAY
*** Please read the rules, especially the last one. ***
I am giving away one brand new Oculus VR + Touch + Extended Warranty via direct ship from Amazon. This is a legitimate personal contest and I have cleared it with Oculus before posting.
I am not an Oculus employee and Oculus is not financially involved with this in any way. I am solely responsible. I am not rich, I just enjoy doing stuff like this from time to time. I am posting the rules first and then the contest below. If you don’t read the rules or follow the entry requirements, then your entry(ies) won’t count. My money, my contest, my rules! (What a bitch, right?)
If you want to keep track of which entries are valid, I will be using the "awesome" tag for valid entries. I may "like" or "lol" other entries, but only the "awesome" will tag an entry as valid based on the rules. Other people using awesome is cool but only mine denotes that your entry is in the running. Remember, it's not a contest for who is kindest; all valid entries have an equal chance.
1) Entries must follow the instructions below. If they do not, they won’t count.
2) All users are free to PM me, but PMs that attempt to persuade me to choose their entry will not work. If I could afford to buy the whole world an Oculus, I would, but I can’t and this is not a charity so please PLEASE don’t send me messages about how you deserve the prize because you’re poor or some other sad story. I will feel bad for you and probably cry, but it won’t influence the outcome.
3) You may enter more than once but each entry must uniquely follow the rules. Intentional duplication will invalidate all entries.
4) Only entries posted publicly in this thread count.
5) Do NOT send me personal info. Neither I, nor anyone else (nobody else is involved with this) will ask for any personal information. If anyone messages you asking for it, do NOT give it, it’s not me.
6) The winner will need to provide a name and shipping address, but do not do so unless I have notified you by PM AND posted that you won in the thread. If it’s not in the thread that you won and didn’t come from my account, ignore and report it.
7) If you think this is a fraud/farce I have done this before when Black Desert Online came out. I gave away like $500 worth of accounts. You can verify at this link http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11792-angels-bdo-giveaway-conquerors-pack/&page=1 . I no longer play that anymore, but you can see that it’s legit. If you read the thread you will also see I took some abuse for it as some people thought it was fake and some people were pissed they didn’t win, but no good deed goes unpunished!
8) I will be active chatting in the thread because… because I will, you do not have to kiss my butt, it won’t help your chances of winning.
9) The contest will end on April 1. Winner will be announced by April 4.
10) The contest will be extended if necessary until the required number of entries is reached.
11) The prize and shipping within the USA have no charge and no strings attached. If you win and live outside the USA you will have to pay for shipping. Sorry!
12) The winner will be chosen at random from proper entries. If you do not win I hope you will at least have had fun participating.
13) The prize is an Oculus Rift + Touch. Do not ask me to substitute prizes or cash. If you don’t want the prize you are free to sell it or give it as a gift.
These rules are subject to addendum if I find I
have left out something important.
15) All RAK's must be new ones, not what you have done in the past. Past kindness is awesome but new kindness counts as an entry!
This is an “RAK” Contest. RAK = Random Act of Kindness.
In order to enter you will need to do 2 things in each entry.
1) Post a unique Random Act of Kindness. By unique I mean that if you enter more than once (you may enter as often as you feel inclined) you must post a different RAK.
2) If you are a current Oculus owner you must list your favorite Oculus title or use and why. If you are not an Oculus owner you must post why you want an Oculus. If you are entering for a second, third, or greater time post either another title, app, or use OR detail a fun experience you have had gaming with other Oculus users.
I LOVE random acts of kindness. I try to do one as often as I can. Now I realize the fact that you will be looking to do them sort of removes the “random” part of it, but it’s really the acts of kindness I get off on (that maybe doesn’t sound right… or does it?).
Random acts of kindness do NOT include things you would normally do every day. Helping your brother with his homework does not count. Doing chores does not count. If it’s something you would normally do, that’s not what I am after. Helping someone who wasn’t expecting it is the idea. Stopping to help a stranded motorist… helping an old lady across the street (she had to want to cross the street… don’t drag some old person kicking and screaming across the street!)… something that brightens someone else’s day when they really could not have expected it is what I’m after.
Maybe this contest isn’t really relevant to Oculus, but this is an awesome community, so we’ll see.
I am looking for 100 or more valid entries between now and April 1. Please share the contest link with your social media friends, reddit, etc. Maybe it will bring some new people to Oculus.
This is a self-serving contest. I just love seeing people be kind. I do realize that some posts will be total BS. Hopefully they are kept to a minimum. If they are obvious BS they will be invalidated. If you claim to have run into a burning building to save people, please post a link to the news story!
I hope everyone enjoys my little contest and maybe gets a smile out of it and I hope whoever wins really enjoys the hell out of their prize!