cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a payment method already put in to receive the $15 credit?

White_thunder7008
Honored Guest
Thanks in advance for any replies.
7 REPLIES 7

LZoltowski
Champion
Yes, its in the support docs

When you receive store credit from Oculus, you can check your store credit balance from your settings in the Oculus app. Before you can use your store credit, you'll need to add a payment method to your account. All of your Oculus devices share the same store credit.

To check your store credit balance using the Oculus app on your computer:

1. Open the Oculus app on your computer.
  2. Select Settings in the left menu.
  3. Select the Payment tab to view your store credit balance.
https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

sCOREscream
Explorer
Did anyone already get the 15 ? 

Digikid1
Consultant
Well that explains it then.  I don't use paypal since they screwed me over multiple times years ago....and I hate credit cards....so I guess I won't be getting it.  That sucks though....

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

Well that explains it then.  I don't use paypal since they screwed me over multiple times years ago....and I hate credit cards....so I guess I won't be getting it.  That sucks though....

How are you purchasing games through the Oculus Store then?

It accepts Debit cards too.

Digikid1
Consultant
To us Canadians debit cards are not the same as credit cards.  Debit cards to us are basically just ATM cards and cannot be used as you would with a "real" credit card.  I've been in fights with my bank and Mastercard about this and they won't budge on it.

The ONLY service that will let me use it as a real credit card is Steam.....which is what I mostly use for most if not all of my Oculus titles.

BananaCat
Honored Guest

Digikid1 said:

To us Canadians debit cards are not the same as credit cards.  Debit cards to us are basically just ATM cards and cannot be used as you would with a "real" credit card.  I've been in fights with my bank and Mastercard about this and they won't budge on it.

The ONLY service that will let me use it as a real credit card is Steam.....which is what I mostly use for most if not all of my Oculus titles.

That is nonsense!

Oculus works fine with Both Visa and Mastercraft Vanilla debit cards within Canada. The re-loadable ones work to that you can get from any Canada post post office.. All my Oculus titles were bought with a Mastercard Vanilla debit card. The only thing you have to do is register em online first.  Almost every online retailer accepts em I have tried , From amazon to ebay to steam to independent companies and yes even Oculus accepts em. It is very rare I find a company that does not accept em. Then only thing i had problems with, Was services with recurring subscriptions. Other then that a debit card for Canadians is for the most part smooth sailing. You are just doing something wrong. 

Digikid1
Consultant
Yes you CAN get the reloadable ones.....but why bother.

Be EXTREMELY careful by saying that my post is nonsense when it is not and came STRAIGHT FROM MY BANKERS MOUTH.

As for the rest of your nonsense post....claim what you might but even my bank has tried to help me and a lot of companies will not accept a debit card to be used as a real credit card.  My bank has also CONFIRMED THIS.

Now begone with you and your rifraf BS.

ps. Also the bank manager is my sister.