New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rec Room on Oculus Go?

CSSLuvsMCCSSLuvsMC Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hey, I was wondering if there will be rec room on the Oculus go. I saw that it’s one of the less demanding games, and so am wondering if there is any chance it will be on the Oculus Go. 
Tagged:

Comments

• ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 540
    Neo
    Would it work with just the one controller with limited buttons?
  • Elpunk182Elpunk182 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    me gustaría ''Rec Room'' en las ''Oculus Go'' !!, las compre pensando que iba a tener alguna red social interesante y no hay nada solo ''Altspace'' que nunca hay nadie :(, y cuando entro solo gente que habla ingles. Pusieron ''Youtube VR'' que fue algo bueno por que ya me habían empezado a aburrir un poco. 
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 125
    Art3mis
    edited November 2018
    probably not since a lot of the mini games require two hands for certain tasks, but if they really wanted to they could probably do something about it.
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • MedicineBeefMedicineBeef Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Rec room on oculus go would be amazing and I hope it will be!!
  • GangsterGrandmaGangsterGrandma Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    is anyone else having trouble running Rec Room? Every time i try to start it , it gives me a error known as"IDP.generic" and my virus protector wont let me play because of it.
  • IceDragon058IceDragon058 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I think it can the system is powerful enough and with some extra engineering it could work and the controller chould work with just 1 with extra engineering like if you want to reach something press the button to grab it I would love to play with my friends who have the go
  • KentobiKentobi Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    The Go is not really being pushed at retail any more and is mostly being replaced with the Quest. Unfortunately, I I wouldn’t expect Rec Room in quest. 
  • furretwalkerfurretwalker Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    You could use a game pad because it’s already on consoles 
  • DmanGo27DmanGo27 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am using ALVR to stream it to the Go, and the experience is limited. Whenever you try to toss or use something, the game tries to detect motion, not rotation, so it plops on the ground or does nothing at all. i.e a basketball, a sword, etc. Also, Climbing is just impossible unless you have the fastest hand in the universe because you have to fling yourself up then quickly grasp the surface. Also, you have to use the quick menu to access the watch, otherwise the menu is up in your face. So, unless the Rec Room Staff are very smart and find workarounds, I don't see it coming to the Go ever. 
  • Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    Kentobi said:
    The Go is not really being pushed at retail any more and is mostly being replaced with the Quest. Unfortunately, I I wouldn’t expect Rec Room in quest. 

It's funny you should say this, because two days ago I was playing Rec Room on my quest rather then via Link.