cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using desktop in Oculus Home: Trigger not clicking, keyboard not appearing

kidnee
Protege
Howdy,

So my desktops appear on the oculus dash, but I cannot pull the trigger to click on the screen. 

Also, when I call up the keyboard, there are no keys populating the keyboard canvas.
4 REPLIES 4

YoLolo69
Trustee
Sad, because the first problem happened several time to me : not able to click (or draw the blue selection rectangle like you will do with a real mouse) and my solution was always to bring the virtual keyboard, hit some key, and boom, the desktop was again accessible. Saying that I'm not sure which keyboard I invoke when such problem occurs (often) as I have 2 : the one from Oculus Home , and the one directly in my taskbar near the clock, from the Windows settings...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

javerlaw
Explorer
+1
I am having similar issues trying to use Oculus dekstop since the most recent patch. Keyboard will not display characters and nothing on desktop is clickable...as are most elements on any floating Oculus windows also not clickable.

timflee
Explorer
I'm having exactly the same problems as javerlaw.

Oculus, please fix this as Oculus desktop is such a useful feature!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was working great.... now I am having this same problem.   Oculus Please! This feature keeps me in the headset.