cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Nvidia 3D Vision work with Windows 10 Fall Creators?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Does Nvidia 3D Vision work with Windows 10 Fall Creators? I have set everything up on my monitor and ticked 3d Vision in Nvidia Control Panel, but no game is recognised and they all start in 2D? Monitor is set to 120hz, so I'm now left wondering if it's the Windows 10 Fall Creators, because it's a while since I used Nvidia 3D Vision. I ran the 3D setup Wizard alright, so no problems there. Anyone have a clue why my games are not getting picked up by Nvidia 3D vision? Thank you!

@cybereality - Do you know anything about this or anyone else?
6 REPLIES 6

LZoltowski
Champion
Yes Fall update added Game Bar, it borks 3d vision. You need to disable Windows 10 Game bar https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to-disable-windows-10s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@LZoltowski - I already disabled that, it took me ages just to find that one solution and it hasn't fixed it for me. What else could it be? No game even attempts to let 3D Vision kick in like it's supposed to do. I even tried a game that has 3D Vision support and that just gave me a blank screen. The other games I use with the Helix mods just start in 2D? I'm tearing what hair I have left out trying to find a fix for it. Do you have any other suggestions? Did what you suggested work for you? Cheers!

fish998
Explorer
Should probably be asking on the nVidia 3D Vision forum.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

fish998 said:

Should probably be asking on the nVidia 3D Vision forum.

Trying to get an answer on that forum is always difficult. Nvidia don't even respond to questions asked on that forum. I've looked to see if I can see anything on there about it just incase, but it's hit and miss. I've googled it but can't find much info apart from what LZ has mentioned here. I figured if people like VR, then there would be a fair few people on here with Nvidia 3D Vision..

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Fixed it. I had to update my Nvidia driver to the current one. Lets just hope my Oculus Rift doesn't crap out using the latest driver. Nvidia 3D vision is awesome and I'm still not sure why Nvidia gave up on it..

Skysolstice
Honored Guest
If you had this problem on the newer drivers, you had to disable fullscreen app optimization for each game to fix the problem with 3d vision activating properly.  I'll have to check myself with the newer drivers.