New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Buy, three or four sensor?

ibernetibernet Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited March 13 in Support
I ask those who use 3 or 4 sensors.
From 3 sensors to 4 is there really a difference?
Or already with 3 is everything stable?

Thank you

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,837 Volunteer Moderator
    3 is optimal, I have no issues, 4 is max and it requires more processing power, I would stick with 3.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,553 Valuable Player
    3 here..
  • korgen63korgen63 Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    4 here and no problem
  • ThmoasThmoas Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    4 and happy I did it. It fixed the dead spot in the corner where there is no sensor. My sensors are 4 by 5 meters apart.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,536 Power Poster
    I just got my 3rd sensor and I have a 12x12 VR space. Looking forward to playing some games I had on hold, like Mages Tale and Lone Echo.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,837 Volunteer Moderator
    Zenbane said:
    I just got my 3rd sensor and I have a 12x12 VR space. Looking forward to playing some games I had on hold, like Mages Tale and Lone Echo.
    Haven't you played lone echo yet?!!! ok, I'm banning you until you do. 

There are moments where you will want to sit down during the later stages of the game and pretend you are in a tiny jet powered chair. Youll knows what I mean.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,536 Power Poster

I played Echo Arena! But I held off on Lone Echo until I had the 3rd sensor. When I bought Mage's Tale I stopped playing it after a few hours because I wanted that 3rd sensor.

I'm a bit late to the 3-sensor party, but I had a huge backlog that could be completed with just 2 front-facing sensors. I ordered the 3rd finally after beating From Other Suns, because I really could have used it there. I just can't squeeze any more juice out of these 2 front-facing sensors anymore lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,557 Valuable Player
    4 sensors, all on usb 3.0, just to be a pimp :p
    if 6 would work i would do that also, just because of reasons
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • ibernetibernet Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you so much to all.

From your answers I understand that 3 to 4 sensors does not change much.
    I will do some tests and then report back to you my feedback

this night i try lone echo.. Today've download the game

• MradrMradr Posts: 2,503 Poster of the Week
    edited March 14
    elboffor said:
    4 sensors, all on usb 3.0, just to be a pimp :p
    if 6 would work i would do that also, just because of reasons
    Same, more would be awesome for me:)

As far as testing goes ibernet, I used to have 3 and it work really well. 4 is great if you have any dead spots in your room/play area. I find myself turning around a lot in VR and as a result I did run into my dead area a lot when I had 3. With that said, if you have a weird shape room/play area than I would recommend 4 otherwise 3 is more than enough.