New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

It's here! Redeem your Oculus Store credit

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,536 Power Poster
edited March 13 in General

As one of our Rift users affected by the recent Oculus software downtime, we're reaching out today with details on the Oculus Store credit mentioned in follow-up last week.

We sincerely apologize for the service disruption, and have added $15 USD store credits (or local currency equivalent) to your Oculus Account in appreciation of your understanding. Please review this page for more info about using Oculus Store credits.

If the credit provided is a different currency than what you see in the Oculus Store, please contact Oculus Support for further assistance.

If you're still experiencing issues connecting to the Oculus software, please click here to review our support article.

Thanks again for being a part of the Oculus community — we look forward to seeing you back in VR soon.

- The Oculus Team

All of you still waiting should be receiving them between now and Friday.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,106 Power Poster
    Just after checking my credit on the Oculus web site, I flipped over to the Experiences page and saw Duck Season is on sale. So, there's $17 of my $20 (Canadian dollars) credit spent!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,553 Valuable Player
    I got an email but it was in German? Im from England LOL..
    edited March 13
    Just saw that Sairento is also on a Daily Deal for a good price! Maybe I should have spent my credit on that. I NEED ANOTHER $15 CREDIT!!!
    :#
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,877 Power Poster
    Going to wait until the 20th before I spend it I think, unless one of these Daily Deals tickles my fancy. It's the Rift's 2 year anniversary so it wouldn't surprise me if they have a sale on.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,877 Power Poster
    nalex66 said:
    Just after checking my credit on the Oculus web site, I flipped over to the Experiences page and saw Duck Season is on sale. So, there's $17 of my $20 (Canadian dollars) credit spent!

Good job you didn't say "fine price". That's what the Merchant in Resident Evil 4 used to say. I thought he was a dodgy fucker and shot him in the face the first time I played the game lololol :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,536 Power Poster
    I bought Lone Echo!
    Zenbane said:
    I bought Lone Echo!
    FINALLY!!
  • benplacebenplace Posts: 762 Poster of the Week
    Trying to decide what I want.  I also don't have Lone echo.  I would love to find another game like Dead Secret
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,837 Volunteer Moderator
    Zenbane said:
    I bought Lone Echo!
    About fracking time .. Id love to hear your thoughts on it once you finish playing .. it's a Loooong game, took me a week of 1-2 hour sessions (with moderate exploring)
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    benplace said:
    Trying to decide what I want.  I also don't have Lone echo.  I would love to find another game like Dead Secret

I love Dead Secret, played through it multiple times. I found that "The Invisible Hours" was a great follow-up to that style of play. Also, Wilson's Heart and Edge of Nowhere.
  • benplacebenplace Posts: 762 Poster of the Week
    Zenbane said:
    benplace said:

I love Dead Secret, played through it multiple times. I found that "The Invisible Hours" was a great follow-up to that style of play. Also, Wilson's Heart and Edge of Nowhere.
    Awesome, I have Wilsons heart and Edge of Nowhere.  I will look at The Invisible Hours. Thanks!
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,376 Poster of the Week
    @nalex66 - heh, did the exact same thing. Bought Duck Season and sorta regretted not going for Sairento :blush:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,557 Valuable Player
    eve valkyrie and sprint vector are available as a duo bundle, as i have valkyrie already (free with my rift) price was reduced to £10.99. so my £11 credit went on that :)
    Now what to spend my penny on...
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • SimonSays28SimonSays28 Posts: 574
    Neo
    $20 Canadian - woohoo!!!

Was expecting $15 Canadian - didn't expect them to match the USD (roughly).
    snowdog said:
    Going to wait until the 20th before I spend it I think, unless one of these Daily Deals tickles my fancy. It's the Rift's 2 year anniversary so it wouldn't surprise me if they have a sale on.
    Thanks for letting us know @snowdog - I didn't realize it was the 2 year anniversary (and wouldn't have) and likely would not have waited if I didn't know!!! :)

I think I am going to wait for sure - looking at the following titles now:

Obduction
    Lone Echo
    Superhot VR
    Duck Season
    Sairento
    Elite Dangerous

I am leaning toward Obduction to be honest because it looks like a long and involved game and even though I have seen some videos that point out some negatives with the experience I think it is a game that I would enjoy in VR that I would probably not care for as much on flat screen. Anybody able to really recommend this one to me?

If not Obduction it will likely be Superhot or Elite (if Elite has a big enough sale).

Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

$20 Canadian - woohoo!!!

Was expecting $15 Canadian - didn't expect them to match the USD (roughly).
    snowdog said:
    Thanks for letting us know @snowdog - I didn't realize it was the 2 year anniversary (and wouldn't have) and likely would not have waited if I didn't know!!! :)

I think I am going to wait for sure - looking at the following titles now:

Obduction
    Lone Echo
    Superhot VR
    Duck Season
    Sairento
    Elite Dangerous

I am leaning toward Obduction to be honest because it looks like a long and involved game and even though I have seen some videos that point out some negatives with the experience I think it is a game that I would enjoy in VR that I would probably not care for as much on flat screen. Anybody able to really recommend this one to me?

If not Obduction it will likely be Superhot or Elite (if Elite has a big enough sale).

No, cancel your plans, and Get Lone Echo, then thank me later :)
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• SimonSays28SimonSays28 Posts: 574
    Neo
    I have just read some reviews - I might just have to bite the bullet and get Lone Echo!!!
    Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,376 Poster of the Week
    edited March 14
    @SimonSays28
    I will agree that Lone Echo is a must have experience, but next on that list should be Superhot imo.

It's a pretty unique concept that works really well in VR, and it has quite a bit of replayability beyond the initial playthrough (especially if you're a completionist like myself) with the various new gamemodes introduced in the "Forever" update. 

The only gamemode that I don't like is the real time speed run - it just ruins the concept of the game by removing the planning part and replacing it with the need to perform hectic jerk off like hand movements to fast forward time as rapidly as possible. Game time speed run on the other hand is cool, and requires you to think about how to economize your movements.

Well, enough ramblings from me.. but do buy it at some time :smiley:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    I just spent a little over 2 hours in Lone Echo after completing my 3-sensor setup. This is quite the experience... I can't believe I waited so long. Saturn is my favorite planet, and being able experience it like this is somewhat of a dream.

Best way I've spent a $15 credit ever!
    :)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,084 Power Poster
    £11 for those in the UK. 

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,452
    Wintermute
    edited March 14
    I got Super Hot VR (I already have lone Echo) for 7.99 GBP :) pretty happy with that. It was with a duo deal with Arizona sunshine but I already had that so it reduced the package. Thanks Oculus.
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    Zenbane said:
    I just spent a little over 2 hours in Lone Echo after completing my 3-sensor setup. This is quite the experience... I can't believe I waited so long. Saturn is my favorite planet, and being able experience it like this is somewhat of a dream.

Best way I've spent a $15 credit ever!
    :)
    I just knew you'd like it Zenbane.  It is a proper VR experience and so so immersive.
    Definitely the best game I've bought for my Rift so far!

I finished it in 3 days, two of them being 8 hour straight sessions! :-)

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    I'm leaning towards Super Hot for my credit splurge!

Any suggestions, or thought on playability / longevity welcome.
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
    I'm leaning towards Super Hot for my credit splurge!

Any suggestions, or thought on playability / longevity welcome.
    SuperHot is fantastic, you have to be pretty zen to play it, me and my mates had so much fun pretending to be jujitsu masters and zen gurus while playing it, pretending to be the chose ones, it requires strategy as well as dexterity. It hell of a lot of fun, you can replay it numerous times with different techniques etc, plus I think there is an expansion pack coming.  

• JonJonXDJonJonXD Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    I just used mine towards "The Climb" Duo bundle.

Those bundles are going to make me go broke.
    PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse