New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Do anyone plays Echo Arena in front standing mode?

Is front standing mode actually playable?
I don't have 360° setup and can play only in front standing mode but I found that changing direction in this mode (by tumbstick) is very inconvenient and I feel myself clumsy, without any chance for skilled play. I've never try actual match and I'm limited to lobby and practice area yet.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• I_CANT_HEAR_YOUI_CANT_HEAR_YOU Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    edited March 19
    I don't really see how you can play and not be standing and moving in your playspace.  Hasko is a very well known player and does play seated but she is an exception... The more available space you have to move around in real life will make it easier for you to become a good player in my opinion.
  • BillyCrusherBillyCrusher Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thank you guys. It's exactly what I though but wasn't sure. Now it's clear.
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    I am using it with front standing mode and I rotate by myself not with the camera direction most of the time, the tracking is working about 80% in the back , its not perfect all the time I know , but it didn't prevent the fun , I am over level 20 now with this setup, you only need to set the sensor a little bit apart with a greater angle, this way you will not loose tracking much often, it need some experimenting with, but it work some how from my experience.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    I played over 2 str8 hours without realising that I unplugged the 3rd sensor with my foot. Played perfectly fine with just the two.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • m4lummm4lumm Posts: 11 Oculus Start Member
    I play with a front-facing setup. I changed to smooth rotation in the settings and now I am doing pretty well with it. 

I will say that this is the first game the made me really want a third sensor. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file