New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Supporting Developers with New Hardware Report

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,667 Oculus Staff
Today we introduced a new feature in the Oculus Developer Center: hardware reports. These dashboards will display information about our product ecosystem, everything from the distribution of GPUs to the most common languages we see. This has been a much-requested developer feature and we're excited to roll this out to support better content development. With these insights, developers will be able to target the right devices, with the right languages, and create a higher quality experience for their users.

It's important to note we're not monitoring data any differently, and all of this is, and will remain, anonymized and aggregated. If you want to brush up on how we use data to improve our services, be sure to check out our Terms of Service (https://www.oculus.com/legal/terms-of-service/) and Privacy Policy. (https://www.oculus.com/legal/privacy-policy/)
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• ThmoasThmoas Posts: 264
    Nexus 6
    edited March 20
    Is this accessible for users too? I like some good statistiscs from time to time.
    EDIT: was not hard to find here: https://developer.oculus.com/hardware-report/pc/

Intel/Nvidia really rule VR hardware apparently and the playspaces are a bit bigger then I would have guessed, most people are capable of small roomscale.
  • SharpfishSharpfish Posts: 1,292 Poster of the Week
    edited March 21
    Of course Nvidia and Intel rule VR hardware. Only a numbnut would choose AMD for VR (sorry Cyber - except you of course).
    EX DK2, EX VIVE, EX PSVR, Currently RIFT CV1 | VR developer
    Poster of the week who never got a T-Shirt ;( dayum they looked tasty!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,667 Oculus Staff
    edited March 21
    Sharpfish said:
    Of course Nvidia and Intel rule VR hardware. Only a numbnut would choose AMD for VR (sorry Cyber - except you of course).

Ha! Well, my sig rig is for playing normal games on a 4K TV. For VR I'm using an Intel / Nvidia machine.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • chriswhipple36chriswhipple36 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I’d be happy if my pc would install the drivers and display something on hmd. Going to try install #6 tonight. 
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    the Gtx 1060 is mentioned 3 time in the report,  are there a third version that I don't know about or it's a glitch in the report ?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,667 Oculus Staff
    edited March 22
    I believe there are only 2 models (3GB and 6GB) but sometimes different versions (for example, for a different region) can report the model number differently, and this may be why it's listed a 3rd time.