New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

[WIP] - Prisoner 518 ---- [updated Oct '18]

doghous3doghous3 Posts: 50 Oculus Start Member
edited March 26 in Showcase

**Oct '18 Update**

image - menu system

Hello again, it has been a long time!

And I'll keep this short and sweet. 

The project has come along far enough now, that I'm looking to implement an alpha/beta test program (to start in the near future) which is going to rely on you, the gamers.  So, I'm just looking for gamers to sign-up for now.

There is also an updated demo you can try (expected run-time of 30mins)  at itch.io:  demo_p518.

If the demo does pique your interest enough that you might fancy getting involved, then head over to our community site and check out the appropriate threads (and discord: .whippedUP_gaming).

The full game consists of 8 main levels (inc. tutorial) which should provide 6hrs to 8hrs of gameplay.  The current state is around 80% ready and when it hits 100% is when the alpha test phase will begin.

For those accepted into the program, and based on merit, will be accredited within the game and receive a free copy upon release.  For those that go above and beyond, there will be Amazon gift vouchers*.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing from you!

* terms and conditions are yet to be finalised and will depend on how many people are accepted into the program.  Information will be made available on our community site in due course.

**Original Posting**

Good day!

I'm currently working on a sci-fi set on a space station in the year 2049.

You play as an inmate, which I'm sure you would have guessed. 

Feel free to read the description at https://dogsta.itch.io/prisoner-518-vr  --- and feel free to download the zip file if you so wish.  I would very much appreciate your thoughts.

The game is fully planned out from start to finish with prototyping complete.  The zip contains the (alpha) tutorial section (the opening of the game) also showing the considered art direction.

I'll keep this thread updated over the coming months and plan to have the game released Q4 or Q1-19  Thank you for reading.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

For Oculus.

Screenie:

workshop and below that, an elevator ride...

Prisoner 518 Project  - Download playable demo.
Community Homepage  - signup for the test program

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Cool.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • doghous3doghous3 Posts: 50 Oculus Start Member
    Cool.

Thanks, cybereality!

I thought it be a good idea to actually create a playthrough video with some commentary for peeps to watch if so inclined.

A few more screenies.

These are corridor sections I'm working on for the first level (which will hopefully be complete, followed by test and iteration):

• WreckLuse68WreckLuse68 Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    Looking good, matey  :)
    When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.
    Thanks, @WreckLuse68

Another update:

Section 1 complete (to alpha state).

Find a way to leave the prison block via environmental clues and pluzzles.  Once done, the player will meet the impact character (voice acted - professionally) and from there a mission objective given and to the end of the scene.

Voice implementation expected in June.  Script is currently in draft form, and as ever, iteration required.

There are 8 main sections (or scenes) to the game.  And now, with the implementation of a game manager, those scenes are connected!

Here's the screen of section 1:

Been some time since I've given an update.  Have been busy with things and it's mostly not things worth much posting about - unless you want to see more corridors/rooms or lines of code.  :smiley:

On the plus side, I got accepted onto the Oculus Start program!

But, here's a little more insight into some game mechanics:

A tablet of sorts.  Used for puzzle solving.  Works like you'd expect, touch-screen.  Although, it comes with a connector that is used on other game objects via the object's socket.  Connect it up, power up the tablet, and find a solution navigating the menus.

The tablet currently will serve two purposes: 1. as reference material and 2. to 'program' other game objects (for example, clear errors, or force an object in the environment to do something).

Just need to render a fancy looking cable!

It can also be dropped onto your inventory belt.

Here's some pics:

Original post have been updated-

New demo available!