New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

"Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help."

gr0bdagr0bda Posts: 269
Nexus 6
edited March 2018 in Support
This blows so hard right now! I've been getting the following message for over a week now when trying to install new apps: "Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help." Then it started to freeze my computer upon opening Oculus Home. Finally decided to contact support, and since I refused to give them the log, due to privacy concerns (seems like a LOT of info that I have no idea what it really contains is being collected) and their solution was to reinstall the Oculus software. They sent me a guide what to nuke in Safe Mode. I did it, without even backup, just to make sure it's all clear. Unfortunately now nothing is installed and I still get the same damn message!  "Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help." So not only I can't play ANYTHING, it looks like I will miss out on the Brass Tactics giveaway now too! I noticed that it does download the game, but it doesn't install it into Oculus Home. I tried to run exe and it says Entitlement Check Failed. I wouldn't be posting here if at least the support was faster with their answers, but each answer takes at least 24h+ and I assume they don't work on holidays. I don't know what to do at this point? Why wouldn't the damn software correct itself after full reinstall!?
Anyone ANY ideas?

EDIT: SteamVR games play fine, but are not being added to the library

Comments

• glen.h.hightowerglen.h.hightower Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I am having the same problem. Uninstalled everything and now can't reinstall anything.
  • gr0bdagr0bda Posts: 269
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2018
    Interesting. So it's not only me! Exact same message in notifications?
  • TasicTasic Posts: 23
    NerveGear
    Yes I have the same problem. I could not install brass tactics so I reinstalled the app and put my software folder back in to get my saved files back after the restart. I have the same message but I have not tried to actually put on my oculus yet. Someone please help with this.
    Nexus 6
    Do you have any recent updates that won't install? Or is it JUST Brass Tactics. Because for me it started with apps like Rec Room, Big Screen, DeoVR that they would stop updating with that message and just hanging in updates the whole time, then my computer started to freeze every time I would open Oculus Home, and now after reinstall at least it doesn't freeze the computer any longer, but I can't install ANYTHING. it's empty! (shows as ready to download/purchased)  
    NerveGear
    Gr0dba why did you uninstall oculus in the first place? Mine was because of the brass tactics not installing then I uninstalled the app, backed up my saved files, reinstalled the app and put my save files back into oculus and then this started happening. I was thinking to just make a new oculus account for now and play some free games and enter the giveaway on the new account then if I win I can use stuff on that account, if I don't win then it won't really impact anything.
    NerveGear
    oh I see why you uninstalled now. I have the problem with all of the games in my library. I am going to try some new games I have not tried before and I am also removing all of my software in the oculus folder and trying to see if that will help.
    NerveGear
    Update: I made a new account and I am still having the same problems with as before. Same error message and I can not install any game. 
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,212 Valuable Player
    Disable any anti-virus programs you might have- this can cause some games not to install - it's what IT calls a false positive and something your AV needs to auto white list in the future. You can also manually tell your AV not to scan that location as well in the future.
    Nexus 6
    I believe I tried that in the past, but let me try again. Thanks for the suggestion
    Nexus 6
    Nope, no effect. Just won't install (message on the very bottom showed up after I switched to beta 2.0, which I don't care about, just wanted to try something new)
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    I also disabled my antivirus for oculus and this did not work. I'm afraid we won't make the Gold rush but there will be at least 3 more to partake in the future.
    NerveGear
    I found this post I am going to try it "Okay, so I was able to get all of the games in my library installed last night. This is what worked for me, hopefully this might help anyone else who stumbles upon this post. Since my install errors arose when I registered and connected the Touch controllers, I figured I'd remove them from the scenario.

I uninstalled Oculus (yet again), unplugged the second sensor that came with the controller bundle and I took out the batteries from the controllers.

I rebooted and reinstalled the Oculus software, and from there I was able to download and install all of the games in my library. Not wanting to jinx the process, I waited until all the games were installed before I plugged the second sensor in and put the batteries back in the controllers.

I was finally able to play Robo Recall and it's freaking amazing!"

Nexus 6
    Try it out and let us know. Sounds like an older post though, lots have changed since then. I can hardly believe that controllers and extra sensors would somehow prevented OH from installing new games, but I guess stranger things can happen.
    NerveGear
    Have you tried installing the games from INSIDE the oculus yet? 
    Nexus 6
    No, I have not, that did not occur to me. Let me try that now, I'll even disable AV just in case.
  • DyplexDyplex Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Same problem here. I had 3 games stuck: Brass Tactics, Mage's Tale, and Rec Room. Disabling Windows Defender did nothing for any of them. Logging out of Oculus Home and then back in fixed Rec Room. Both Mage's tale and Brass Tactics still fail to get to the installed state despite getting to 100% of installed..
    NerveGear
    Ya nothing has worked so far.
    Nexus 6
    Nope, no go from Inside of the Oculus, same message at the end in the notifications area.
    Nexus 6
    Dyplex said:
    Same problem here. I had 3 games stuck: Brass Tactics, Mage's Tale, and Rec Room. Disabling Windows Defender did nothing for any of them. Logging out of Oculus Home and then back in fixed Rec Room. Both Mage's tale and Brass Tactics still fail to get to the installed state despite getting to 100% of installed..
    I see progress bar with download go to 100%, but on install goes to 99% and then it reverses itself entirely, and I'm left with the "can't install" message.
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    Could you check if there are any errors in your OVRRedistributableInstaller? This is located at the bottom of where you saved your oculus folder. It is a text document. 
    NerveGear
    gr0bda said:
    Dyplex said:
    I see progress bar with download go to 100%, but on install goes to 99% and then it reverses itself entirely, and I'm left with the "can't install" message.
    just for Brass Tactics it would go to 100% download and then it would go to install, look like it installed all the way but then just go back to "Download 10.4GB" or whatever like it never even downloaded
    Nexus 6
    [Debug] [3/31/2018 12:38:44 PM] Success!
    [Debug] [3/31/2018 12:38:44 PM] IPC connection destroyed.

Nexus 6
    There is some txt files called service one says: 
    31/03 15:38:21.266 {INFO}    [DisplayManager] GPUDriverVersionAcceptanceForced: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oculus\ForceGPUDriverVersionAcceptance not found. No forced video driver version acceptance will be done.
    31/03 15:38:21.267 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Default] Windows 10 system doesn't appear to have RiftDisplay.inf installed. Cannot use DXGI 2 path successfully.
    Nexus 6
    I have also found this in there (I just tried to install that game. Install goes from 1%, just didn't wanna paste he whole thing)
    1/03 16:24:30.301 {DEBUG}   [Librarian] Librarian is reporting installation for [climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new] is 94% done.
    31/03 16:24:30.355 {DEBUG}   [Librarian] Librarian is reporting installation for [climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new] is 95% done.
    31/03 16:24:30.407 {DEBUG}   [Librarian] Librarian is reporting installation for [climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new] is 96% done.
    31/03 16:24:30.460 {DEBUG}   [Librarian] Librarian is reporting installation for [climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new] is 97% done.
    31/03 16:24:30.502 {DEBUG}   [Librarian] Librarian is reporting installation for [climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new] is 99% done.
    31/03 16:24:30.544 {DEBUG}   [Librarian] Librarian is reporting installation for [climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new] is 100% done.
    31/03 16:24:30.555 {DEBUG}   [Librarian] Librarian is reporting installation for [climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new] is 66% done.
    31/03 16:24:30.555 {INFO}    [Package] Install step change for [climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new]: SCANNING -> INSTALLING
    31/03 16:24:33.456 {DEBUG}   [Analytics] {"checksum":"","config":"","app_data":""}
    31/03 16:24:45.577 {!ERROR!} [Librarian] [librarian_event] { command: library install-chunked-package, description: Error installing staging directory.
    Daybreak.Core.Io+IoException: Error installing '\\?\Volume{6b1a8cc4-8e53-11e5-8009-806e6f6e6963}\Games\Software\climax-studios-gun-sight-rift-new'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    NerveGear
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2018
    I think I know what I might try. I've noticed before that Program files folder often is a problem because shit there gets locked and it cannot be modified. I'm gonna try to install Oculus software to a dir OTHER than Program files.

EDIT: Nope, won't let me install it anywhere else, BUT Program files. I'm afraid some kind of permission bullshit could be causing it.
    NerveGear
    Okay let me know if that works, I just opened a support ticket for oculus about this.
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2018
    Good luck with their support, they help, but are VERY slow to reply. 
    I am so sick of this not wanting to work. Even if it turns out to be Windows issue rather than Oculus, it's bullshit that can't be figured out for the end user. I shouldn't be wasting over a week now trying to get shit working that I paid for! I have better things to do (besides playing) than dicking with this.
  • dk_nydk_ny Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    I have the same problem. I cannot download or update apps. I get the same "Sorry, we couldn't install ... Visit Oculus Support" error. When you click "Install" button, it goes to 100% and the reverts to "Install" again. 

Here is what I found: 
    All downloaded apps/games get stuck in "Staging" folder and are fully functional. I was able to launch the game directly from that folder and it worked fine. They do not, however, get transferred to "Software" folder for whatever reason and therefore Oculus Home thinks the app isn't installed. 
    I've tried changing permissions and deleting Downloads, Staging and tmp folders (as well restarting, etc) but it didn't help.
    Not sure what to do at this point and rip that giveaway, too late to join now. 

Edit: Oh and for the record my Oculus library is NOT in Program files (and not on C:) so that can't be it either. More than enough free space too. 
    Nexus 6
    I tried the Staging folder, that's where I got Entitlement Check Failed when trying to run Brass Tactics. I didn't try any other games after that.