New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

Comments

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,376 Valuable Player
    I've seen recommendations to use SMIM LITE - but can't actually find a lite version anywhere. Is there an option in the main SMIM mod to have a 'lite' install?

• ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 540
    Neo
    I just use the full SMIM mod. Works OK as far as I can tell.
    edited December 2018
    Ok ta - just been reading some more stuff on it (no wonder I've got such a friggin headache!) from one of the links posted above, and some guy on reddit was saying it slows the pooter down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/8gjnb6/smim_is_killing_fps_use_the_smim_lite_version/

I'll try it as is first.

Oh - anyone use this mod?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10926?tab=files

(Archery)

• PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 270
    Nexus 6
    I did a performance test comparing SMIM full and lite on my system. For my system, I didn't see any difference performance wise between the 2 versions (I've always used the Full version). Other systems may vary though, so if one has lower end specs, they probably should use the Lite version just in case (if concerned). Be aware though, starting with the full version and then changing to the Lite version down the road may impact the game save files, which will then require a save game file cleanse using software designed for the solution. The opposite direction will probably have the same outcome too.
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1909
    "Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details in a year or two...
    Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:
    I've seen recommendations to use SMIM LITE - but can't actually find a lite version anywhere. Is there an option in the main SMIM mod to have a 'lite' install?

The lite version is chooseable in the SMIM install. Just download the SMIM package, install and make your choice at that time.
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1909
    "Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details in a year or two...
    edited December 2018
    The more posts I read, the more I'm finding the lite version recommended. I have a 1060 - most of the people having no issues seem to have a 1080 or -Ti.

I played for an hour or so earlier and my first gaming action was to steal a horse. Wow, is default riding crap or what! I've been looking for a horse mod - seems there are a few, but I'll wait and try one after I get the mesh and texture mods sorted.

I also ended up nearly puking - but I managed to get through it and actually felt better by the time I took the headset off. It was the closest I've come to actually throwing up - gagging away, suddenly feeling hot as chilli-pepper and sweating buckets. I kept playing because I wasn't entirely convinced it was down to VR - so in future I won't feel reluctant to play it again.

I did notice that those textures really do need the mods! So I'll do that in a mo, and have another play tomorrow.

I seem to have sparked off a spell at some point, but I've no idea what I did or what spell it was! Think I should head off to Winterborn ASAP and learn how to do it properly.

I used a save from a few months ago and something that's bugging me is that I don't know what kind of character I chose. I have a big sword, but I'm guessing everyone has one, but I also have a bow (and I think I would have chosen archer over anything else). I equipped the bow via the menu, but have not been able to get the thing to appear in my hands. Any tips on that would be appreciated. Folks in Whiterun are also constantly telling me about Norse personality traits - so I'm guessing I'm not Norse - or do they do that anyway?

Nexus 6
    edited December 2018
    Brixmis said:
    The more posts I read, the more I'm finding the lite version recommended. I have a 1060 - most of the people having no issues seem to have a 1080 or -Ti.

I played for an hour or so earlier and my first gaming action was to steal a horse. Wow, is default riding crap or what! I've been looking for a horse mod - seems there are a few, but I'll wait and try one after I get the mesh and texture mods sorted.

I also ended up nearly puking - but I managed to get through it and actually felt better by the time I took the headset off. It was the closest I've come to actually throwing up - gagging away, suddenly feeling hot as chilli-pepper and sweating buckets. I kept playing because I wasn't entirely convinced it was down to VR - so in future I won't feel reluctant to play it again.

I did notice that those textures really do need the mods! So I'll do that in a mo, and have another play tomorrow.

I seem to have sparked off a spell at some point, but I've no idea what I did or what spell it was! Think I should head off to Winterborn ASAP and learn how to do it properly.

I used a save from a few months ago and something that's bugging me is that I don't know what kind of character I chose. I have a big sword, but I'm guessing everyone has one, but I also have a bow (and I think I would have chosen archer over anything else). I equipped the bow via the menu, but have not been able to get the thing to appear in my hands. Any tips on that would be appreciated. Folks in Whiterun are also constantly telling me about Norse personality traits - so I'm guessing I'm not Norse - or do they do that anyway?

To equip a weapon or bow, make sure it is highlighted with either L, R or LR in the menu. Use F to favorite it to the fav menu. On your controllers the left controller middle finger button is for sheathing or unsheathing weapons. To quickly use a weapon just pull the right trigger button. If you have a bow selected it should appear in your hands when you pull the right trigger, if not then it prob isn't selected properly in your weapons menu.

Also, make sure you have arrows in your weapons menu, If you don't have any arrows you prob can use the bow.
    Thanks - not sure whether there are arrows or not - I can't get the bow in my hands, so that's probably the issue.

Bugger, really - headed to the right at Whiterun on a track up the hill and came across a bandit camp. I killed the one who rushed me, but another had taken a higher position and was shooting arrows at me from there. I had to cower in cover and eventually give up and make a "tactical withdrawal".

Would I be okay to try and rush him in that situation. Maybe I could use a spell or something? The only thing I could think of at the time was having my own bow & arrows to knock him off his perch.

Also - how do I get arrows?

edited December 2018
    Sorry, yet another question - I'm slowly going nuts with these damn mod downloaders. Tried Vortex - kept coming up with issues which I seemingly sorted but issues still showed.
    Got rid and used NMM for a while, but was fed up of repeatedly being unable to log in to Nexus (and thus not getting any info and the mods remaining unsorted) and repeatedly finding and installing newer versions, only to find none of them fixed the issue. I had an exception for both outgoing and incoming entered in my firewall.

Got rid of NMM this morning and replaced it with MO2. Still can't frigging log in to Nexus. LOOT is running fine.

My question is - do I still need to check and copy over the plugins file when using MO2 and LOOT?

*I just checked the files and in SSE it shows:

# This file is used by the game to keep track of your downloaded content.
    # Please do not modify this file.
    *SkyrimVR.esm

whilst the one in SkyrimVR is empty - so the answer must be yes.

Another morning reading and piddling around instead of playing. Frustrating, it is.

PS: I see there is a sort option! D'oh! Even so - when I ran LOOT afterwards, it still wasn't happy and did it's own thing.

Anyway - now my desktop looks like this:

:s I can't help it - I'm getting old!

Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:
    Sorry, yet another question - I'm slowly going nuts with these damn mod downloaders. Tried Vortex - kept coming up with issues which I seemingly sorted but issues still showed.
    Got rid and used NMM for a while, but was fed up of repeatedly being unable to log in to Nexus (and thus not getting any info and the mods remaining unsorted) and repeatedly finding and installing newer versions, only to find none of them fixed the issue. I had an exception for both outgoing and incoming entered in my firewall.

Got rid of NMM this morning and replaced it with MO2. Still can't frigging log in to Nexus. LOOT is running fine.

My question is - do I still need to check and copy over the plugins file when using MO2 and LOOT?

*I just checked the files and in SSE it shows:

# This file is used by the game to keep track of your downloaded content.
    # Please do not modify this file.
    *SkyrimVR.esm

whilst the one in SkyrimVR is empty - so the answer must be yes.

Another morning reading and piddling around instead of playing. Frustrating, it is.

PS: I see there is a sort option! D'oh! Even so - when I ran LOOT afterwards, it still wasn't happy and did it's own thing.

Anyway - now my desktop looks like this:

:s I can't help it - I'm getting old!

You get arrows from either finding them, looting them from whatever you kill if there is any, or crafting them at a forge.

As magic is really fun in VR, I suggest learning and using destruction spells, like anything with fire or electricity. Bow and arrow is great for picking of distant enemies but you will need a backup defense (destruction magic) if you're swarmed by enemies.

Using MO2, you don't need to worry about the plugin folder. Everything is handled automatically by MO2. As long as you have told MO2 where Skyrim VR is on your computer you'll be fine.

LOOT - Even though LOOT is an external program to MO2, you still need to tell MO2 where it is so you can run LOOT from within MO2. This very important, as MO2 creates a virtual install for Skyrim VR and runs all your Mods in that virtual install separate from Skyrim VR. LOOT also needs to know what MO2 is doing. You set up LOOT inside MO2 by registering it in the (Green and Blue gears icon) MO2 menu. Just click on that icon and a window will open that you fill out for registering the LOOT exe. Once you do that then a small icon for LOOT will show up in the pull down menu beside the RUN button in MO2. Skyrim VR will also be there. You can tell MO2 to create a shortcut to desktop from there also, so you don't always have to open MO2 to run Skyrim VR.

Hope this helps you out. If you're confused about all this, let me know. It's quite easy once you understand.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,424 Valuable Player
    I just install them, manually lol. Seems to work OK.
    edited December 2018
    Thanks a lot for the reply - I managed to find the answers from Google and playing yesterday evening. I had a great time and was amazed at what I was able to achieve, but still lots that's a complete mystery to me.  As usual with these games, there's nowhere near enough room in these "loot sacks" and I had to ditch practically an entire sack full of gathered gear when I overran the bandit base where the sword from the Whiterun side quest is held. Almost died at the top, too but just managed to kill the baddie in time. Phew!

Now I've found out where to sell stuff I should be better off - picked up loads of arrows, have 3 different bows, a big sword and a smaller sword, steel axe, well all sorts of weapons and armour now and feel well OP and I've only just started!

What stumped me was making my own arrows. According to the guide I read, you need to gather firewood at a wood chopping place - which I found 2 of, but using the activate button did nothing at all - so that's one I've yet to work out. Good job I've been finding plenty of them on dead bodies.

Thanks for the tip about running LOOT from MO2 - I'd been running them separately and I'll see to that.

The only mod I've had issues with so far is Lanterns of Skyrim. The game won't start with that activated. I got the 2017 hi-res textures in and they look very nice. Next thing is to try with SMIM. So far there has been no discernable performance hit.

Now I've switched on realistic archery and using the archery mod,  I'm really enjoying the archery aspect. Great fun. I do get sick with this game. Previous session it was after an hour - last night it was after 90 minutes, so it's going in the right direction :)

Is it possible for me to check the plugins.txt that MO2 is using? I'd like to just see how that is organised.

Thanks again - having fun, and this isn't normally my type of game at all.

PS - just opened MO2 and found that it had already registered LOOT - must have found it during installation.

Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:
    Thanks a lot for the reply - I managed to find the answers from Google and playing yesterday evening. I had a great time and was amazed at what I was able to achieve, but still lots that's a complete mystery to me.  As usual with these games, there's nowhere near enough room in these "loot sacks" and I had to ditch practically an entire sack full of gathered gear when I overran the bandit base where the sword from the Whiterun side quest is held. Almost died at the top, too but just managed to kill the baddie in time. Phew!

Now I've found out where to sell stuff I should be better off - picked up loads of arrows, have 3 different bows, a big sword and a smaller sword, steel axe, well all sorts of weapons and armour now and feel well OP and I've only just started!

What stumped me was making my own arrows. According to the guide I read, you need to gather firewood at a wood chopping place - which I found 2 of, but using the activate button did nothing at all - so that's one I've yet to work out. Good job I've been finding plenty of them on dead bodies.

Thanks for the tip about running LOOT from MO2 - I'd been running them separately and I'll see to that.

The only mod I've had issues with so far is Lanterns of Skyrim. The game won't start with that activated. I got the 2017 hi-res textures in and they look very nice. Next thing is to try with SMIM. So far there has been no discernable performance hit.

Now I've switched on realistic archery and using the archery mod,  I'm really enjoying the archery aspect. Great fun. I do get sick with this game. Previous session it was after an hour - last night it was after 90 minutes, so it's going in the right direction :)

Is it possible for me to check the plugins.txt that MO2 is using? I'd like to just see how that is organised.

Thanks again - having fun, and this isn't normally my type of game at all.

PS - just opened MO2 and found that it had already registered LOOT - must have found it during installation.

Glad you are having fun!!!

Too bad there's no way of me giving you my arrows...I literally have multiple 1000's of them...all different kinds and strengths (from looting). I don't do much archery on my present play through, due to being magic focused at the hard earned Master level in some of the magic categories.

Lantern's of Skyrim - make sure you are using the SE version and not the original. Should be no problems getting it going.

For more storage pouch capability get the "Bandolier - Bags and Pouches" mod. Once installed you can loot someone you killed to get them if they have them equipped. You can also craft them once you know how for the type.

You can find your plugin.txt in your profile folder you setup in MO2. Click on the 2nd box of the 4 boxes located beside your profile drop down menu in MO2. (The yellow folder with the small green arrow on top).

Have lots of fun!!!

Thanks a lot for the links and the info. So far the only help I had found for storage was the pendant that gives an extra 25 points.

I'm really hoping the stuff I dumped in the bandit's camp will still be there once I've sold my current excess. The thing being deciding what to hold onto. I grabbed all the mushrooms and plants I could find, as I guess they will be vital for poitions etc.

Couldn't play yesterday due to acute knackerdness, but can't wait to get on later. I feel a bumper session coming on :)

I reckon I started feeling sick the other evening because I took off the headset to say goodnight to Mrs Brix. It was after I put it back on that I started feeling woosey. Lesson learned!

Neo
    edited December 2018
    I wouldn't bother making arrows, you'll loot loads of them off bodies, more than you'll ever need. Didn't even know you could craft arrows to be honest, and I've spent hours and hours playing Skyrim 2D and VR.

To carry more stuff I think it's tied to your stamina stat, or it just goes up as you level up, can't quite remember, but it does go up as you climb the levels. You can use your followers to carry stuff too, and possibly horses but can't remember if that was due to a mod. There's a good few better horses mods out that improve things and let your followers use them too.

There is no class that you pick when you start out. It's the same as the previous games, in that it kind of uses a "practice effect", whereby the more you do a certain action it levels that ability up, which then allows you to add more perks to it. So your class really is defined by your actions/playstyle and the perks you choose. As you level up the individual abilities, that goes towards your main character level. The level at which perks can be applied are governed by the level of the particular ability you want to apply a perk to, not your overall character level.

In 2D I played as a pure mage, wore nothing but cloth armor etc. Tough going at lower levels but a real powerhouse at higher levels. Shame I did the mage thing in 2D as I'm sure it's really good in VR. Now in VR I'm going the full on heavy armored warrior route. Next play through I'll go for a light armored thief/archer type.
    Thanks for the description.

Unfortunately today I felt sick within half an hour. It was getting frustrating, though - having sold my wares to Belethal, I went looking for the guy who gave me the side-quest to find this sword. I was trying to follow the little pointer marker on the compass UI, but it seems very unreliable and I was repeatedly heading out into nowhere (the quest is given in Whiterun).

Small Jason & The Argonauts moment as I fought off attacking skeletons - not that it was hard, though.

If I get killed, do I lose any of the kit I've picked up just before hand or does it just place me at a previous location?

Neo
    If you die, you start back at your last save point, there's no respawning. It quick saves when you transition from one location to another, ie entering and exiting a building or cave etc, or anywhere there is a loading screen. Otherwise it'll be your last manual save. Which if you're spending a lot of time out in the open and not entering locations like buildings caves etc, you'd be wise to do every now and then.

Way point markers can be viewed on the main overhead map and the local map. The waypoint marker on the compass will just point you in a straight line towards it, and going in a straight line to it may not always be the best route to take. So use the map and figure out the best way to go, and yes, be prepared to take the wrong route every now and then and end up in a dead end valley etc. It's all part of being a stranger in a strange land and finding your way about. If someone in Whiterun gave you a quest to fetch something, then go back to Whiterun to hand it back in. The NPC's will move about in the town however and won't always be where you last saw them. Some do go outside the city gates too, but the waypoint marker should always point to where. Keep in mind also, that you might have more than one quest's markers activated. Go to the quest log to individually turn the markers off and on. Minor "radiant" side quests and the like, all get lumped under one tab which you can switch on or off en masse, but you can also do so for the individual quests within it. On the map, just wave your pointer over the quest markers to find out which quests they're for. You can also select a quest and press X I think it is, and it'll place you over the quest's location on the map.
    Neo
    Oh one other thing. When you enter a cave or whatever, that location is then set to your current level. So if you look in a cave early on at a low level but decide to go back much later, you will find it locked to that early level. So easy peasy mobs, but also rubbish low level loot. So only go in if you're committed to clearing a place out. It's the same with the one of a kind named quest reward weapons, the higher level you are the better they'll be when you receive them as a reward. I wouldn't get too hung up on all that though.
  • Jake_DragonJake_Dragon Posts: 109
    Art3mis
    I have 109 hours in Skyrim VR and over 1600 hours in Flat Skyrim SE who knows how many in the original.
    So many mods and I am happy to see some of my favorites are working in VR.
    I haven't played any after moving to CA but will get back into it at some point.
    I love the game and the game play for the most part is the same in both versions just so much better in VR
    I am going to remove the hi-res textures and maybe SMIM as well, just to see if that has any effects on the sickness. It may not, but before applying those, I didn't have any issues. Would be a shame, but not a biggie - as long as I can apply the other mods, it doesn't really bother me.

Art3mis
    Brixmis said:
    I am going to remove the hi-res textures and maybe SMIM as well, just to see if that has any effects on the sickness. It may not, but before applying those, I didn't have any issues. Would be a shame, but not a biggie - as long as I can apply the other mods, it doesn't really bother me.
    The only issue I had was the motion blur and as soon as I got rid of it and blinders I had no issues, not sick just didn't care for it. But I have always had pretty good balance and the VR motion games don't bother me once I get use to them.
    Good luck its an amazing way to play the game.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,534 Valuable Player
    Skyrim VR is back to 50% off:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/611670/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_VR/

I've got a wife and kids - and a daytime job - I promised myself not to buy that game  o:)

BTW, cheaper Steam key may be found here:

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-vr-cd-key-compare-prices/
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Unfortunately, I felt sick again this evening. Not really bad - though had a couple of rough moments. I just carried on playing. It was a good half hour before I felt uncomfortable but managed to keep going for another 40 minutes.

Don't feel great - but it's not too bad. Managed to sell enough to buy myself a horse so I finally don't have to keep walking everywhere at a snail's pace. Skint now, though.

I found where that guy is that gave me the family sword sidequest. He gave me the quest in Whiterun, but on checking the map, I see he is now a long way away (can't remember the name of the place, but I'm heading there on my hoss.

I got lots of books, but have no idea what to do with them - time to go back to the wiki.

Nexus 6
    Brixmis,

Eliminating the Hi-res textures prob won't do much if anything to keep you from feeling sick, unless you are already pushing your system for fps. Fps variation can have an affect on you feeling sick. You may just need to (like everyone say's) get your VR legs. That takes time. Try taking some Gravol before playing or ginger until you get use to playing.

Once you can afford to buy a house, you can store your books in a bookshelf. I wouldn't bother collecting books right now though, whatever you have will most likely be there again where ever you go. You can safely ditch them for now to save storage space. If you do find books worth more than 50 them you may want to keep them, but even then they will most likely be available again sometime down the road. Make sure you read books at least though (open, then close) as a lot of books give you info and other things. Don't actually read them though unless you want to.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,424 Valuable Player
    edited December 2018
    I have the mod Lakeview manor and have a sizable Library going on there. I still like the original house though in Whiterun, Breeze home for it's convenient location for shopping :). Complete all the quests there for the Jarl and they will let you buy a property. I believe its the same in most big cities.

Then you can start to store and display all of your plundered treasures. I love this aspect of the game.
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the info, guys - I did look for a house in Whiterun and came across something I thought might be available, but I don't really know how to go about it yet so I decided to leave it for the moment.

PhoenixSpyder - I've had my Rift about 2½ years and games with locomotion have always been iffy for me. If I don't have VR legs by now - they aren't coming, I think. It does very much depend on the game - I find games with cartoon-like graphics are usually okay.

The ones that have given me the worst issues are Subnautica and Doom3, but even those I can play for a while - sometimes an hour with no problem, then it just comes on pretty heavy out of nowhere. I've had no problems at all with the various zombie shooters and Dead & Buried - but you don't move much in that.

Snap turning is worse for me than smooth - and I think turning is the main thing that causes issues. It may also have something to with balance - even when I'm seatd. The outside half of both my legs are completely numb due to a spinal injury, so I have poor balance IRL. I'm stumbling a lot every day, so it's bound to affect me to some degree in VR.

That said, in Elite I throw my ship around like a nutter and no ill-effects at all. But there my arse is planted firmly on solid material.

I've been considering buying the pancake version of Skyrim, though.

**I just saw it's currently on offer in the Steam store, so I bought it - installing now. I hope MO2 won't get confused.

Nexus 6
    I have the mod Lakeview manor and have a sizable Library going on there. I still like the original house though in Whiterun, Breeze home for it's convenient location for shopping :). Complete all the quests there for the Jarl and they will let you buy a property. I believe its the same in most big cities.

Then you can start to store and display all of your plundered treasures. I love this aspect of the game.

Yes, I have that mod also, while it's a great mod...I find 'Legacy of the Dragonborn' mod the best for everything. It has the largest available book sorting/display that I know of. In that library part of the mod there is a book return area that you can just dump all your books and it will sort them all and put hem automatically into the proper display areas. A huge time saver. Just keep dumping books into it and it never fills up.

Besides that, there is also an Armor return that does basically the same, but only armor it recognizes for particular display's.

Check it out, it's well worth it.
    Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:
    Thanks for the info, guys - I did look for a house in Whiterun and came across something I thought might be available, but I don't really know how to go about it yet so I decided to leave it for the moment.

PhoenixSpyder - I've had my Rift about 2½ years and games with locomotion have always been iffy for me. If I don't have VR legs by now - they aren't coming, I think. It does very much depend on the game - I find games with cartoon-like graphics are usually okay.

The ones that have given me the worst issues are Subnautica and Doom3, but even those I can play for a while - sometimes an hour with no problem, then it just comes on pretty heavy out of nowhere. I've had no problems at all with the various zombie shooters and Dead & Buried - but you don't move much in that.

Snap turning is worse for me than smooth - and I think turning is the main thing that causes issues. It may also have something to with balance - even when I'm seatd. The outside half of both my legs are completely numb due to a spinal injury, so I have poor balance IRL. I'm stumbling a lot every day, so it's bound to affect me to some degree in VR.

That said, in Elite I throw my ship around like a nutter and no ill-effects at all. But there my arse is planted firmly on solid material.

I've been considering buying the pancake version of Skyrim, though.

**I just saw it's currently on offer in the Steam store, so I bought it - installing now. I hope MO2 won't get confused.

Yeah, it sounds like you are just very sensitive to fps variations when lots is happening graphics wise. If you don't already have one and can afford it...get at least a 1080ti...your fps will be rock steady. Forcing ASW 45fps should also help you out too. Games like Subnautica require a lot of graphics power to play smoothly in VR. Doom3 isn't as power hungry but still faster graphics cards will smooth out the fps variations greatly. I do have both these game too and find Subnautica for the most part runs well on my system, Doom3 can be gut wrenching at times, especially with full locomotion enabled. Doom3 is the only game I've ever felt nauseous after playing...and I have a cast iron stomach...been gaming since early 80's when it all began...LOL!!!

I also have Elite, but haven't played in about a year. If my memory serves me well, I think I still have over $150million saved in my bank with an Anaconda and some other ships. I've got to get back into it. I have the voice attack software with Astra so I can talk to my ship as I play...that makes it so much fun. With the new update coming Dec 11, I may just get back into it.

I have all the Skyrim versions on my system, and MO2 works with them all and keeps them all separate, so you shouldn't have any problems with MO2 being confused. You should also mod the pancake version, it'll look incredible on a good monitor. Have fun!!!
    Art3mis
    Well I couldn't help myself and fired up Skyrim VR yesterday and today.
    Changed how tall my guy was and play sitting down. 
    Down loaded VR Body well just because. Its cool I just wish they could anchor the arms already.
    It would have been nice if they would have included that option in the release and not had to go to a MOD
    Two days in and I have 4 followers and a home in Whiterun. 
    Having played this game a lot and finished it several times I am more interested in just having fun then actually accomplishing anything. 
    I am well on my way to being the Dragon Born "again" or just a plain jerk :)
    Well, I got my first problem already last night - I tried to start a second instance of MO2 for Skyrim SE and now I can't get back to the VR version (in MO2).

I'll have a play around later, see what I can coax out of it.

I used to have a cast iron stomach, too, but with the nerve damage and the amount of hefty meds I'm on (without which I can't do anything) it all went pear-shaped. I first found out when I went on a simple fairground ride in 1997, having had no issues ever with anything and within minutes I was throwing up all over the joint. Now it's just a suck it and see approach to everything.