Crisis On The Planet Of The Apes VR Is A Movie Based Game That Is Actually Worth Playing! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Crisis On The Planet Of The Apes VR Is A Movie Based Game That Is Actually Worth Playing!

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 300
Trinity

So normally when I see a movie based game I almost always know it is going to be bad. There are a few exceptions of course and Crisis On The Planet Of The Apes VR is definitely one of them! This game is so cinematic and atmospheric that I truly lost myself in it at times.

Foxnext has nailed it in their first VR title with this one. I have to say I really liked the movement system in this one with the exception of having to travel between set points. Arm swinging and climbing really enhanced the fact I was playing as one of the Apes.The games graphics and sound engineering are also excellent and it has some of the best MOCAP I have seen in a long time. There is also a good story that builds as the game goes on and the gameplay elements and combat are satisfying. So if you are like me and love a good cinematic VR game I highly recommend that you check this one out!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,995 Valuable Player
    I've always loved The Planet Of The Apes since I was a kid. I binge watched all of the films on Christmas Day last year. B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 300
    Trinity
    edited April 2018
    @snowdog Me too man.. grew up watching them and love the new ones as well. This is a must play for fans of the series!
    "I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,995 Valuable Player
    Yup, I loved the telly series too. I watched them all again last year. Me and my brother had the board game when we was kids too. Along with Escape From Colditz they were my favourite games to play.

Don't think I'll get this game though as much as I love Planet Of The Apes, with Elite Dangerous and now Skyrim VR I'm tending to LIVE in VR at the moment lol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Nice looking but yes it makes moving your own arms totally mundane and that silhouette very unimmersive. An even worse take on a type of Locomotion and I think totally avoidable even in cinematics if they added playable zones. It looks more like a game on rails sadly and therefore very slow paced in any event of action.