New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Computer crashing while in game with oculus.

KIMJELLYKIMJELLY Posts: 9
NerveGear
Recently my computer crashes while playing games with the rift, then the computer restarts. It's fairly random I might get 1 min of game play and at other times get maybe 10-15 before these crashes. I have installed a fresh install of windows 10 and all my drivers are up to date. LOG ANALYSIS added as attachment. 
My system is;
6700K I7
1080gtx ftw evga  (NVIDIA 391.35)
16gb ram
650 evga p2 psu
maximus hero 8

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,849 Volunteer Moderator
    What else do you have plugged into the USB ports?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,849 Volunteer Moderator
    Also have a look at your Windows Event Viewer logs, it might have a more specific error.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • KIMJELLYKIMJELLY Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Hi thanks for getting back to me, I only have 3 sensors and the rift plus mouse keyboard. I checked out the event viewer as you suggested and found out that I was getting a thermal issue. I've got a spare PSU so I'll try and fit that at the weekend and see what happens, if I'm lucky it will be that.
  • KIMJELLYKIMJELLY Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    It was the PSU, after installing that all is well.