Import to Medium — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Import to Medium

QQQ_QQQQQQ_QQQ Posts: 6
NerveGear
edited April 2018 in Oculus Medium
Hello,
Yesterday I wanted to open some photo in Medium to have some reference and I coulnd't find option to do it.
In Quill there are options to import pictures and 3d models but in Medium i couldn't find it. (I assume it is trival)

Answers

• jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 227 Oculus Staff
    @QQQ_QQQ If you drag and drop an un-hyperlinked image into your Medium window, it will pop up in your world as reference. You can also import reference meshes and images by dropping them in your My Documents/Medium/_Import folder, and going into Reference Mode and clicking "Import"
  • DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 775
    3Jane
    @QQQ_QQQ If you drag and drop an un-hyperlinked image into your Medium window, it will pop up in your world as reference. 
    I did not know that. I've been using the Import folder all this time.
    Whaaa! It's so clutch. I use it most when I've Google imaged something I want to sculpt and am just importing lots and lots of stuff in. Case in point:

• QQQ_QQQQQQ_QQQ Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    :) that dog is so damn ugly :)
    Nice try
    I know, it pales in comparison to what I'm seeing here!! 
  • Arjuna-LadArjuna-Lad Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I know that I can drag and drop photos into the window. Is there still a way to import directly while in VR? I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find this function in the VR interface.

Would appreciate if anyone can give me a tip or confirm that the function only works with drag and drop now. Thanks!
    @Arjuna-Lad, To import while in VR, go to the Add panel (where you go to add new layers and lights), and press "Add Image" to add many new reference images. From there, you can import images from anywhere in your PC directory directly. You can also multiselect and import many at once time, by pressing the supporting hand trigger while selecting which photos to import.