New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How to delete game saves? (uninstalling didn't work)

exPureexPure Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello all,

I'm wondering where I can delete a game's saved progress so I can have someone else experience it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and despite the message saying saved progress will be erased, it started me back right where I was. The game I'm talking about is Dark Days, and I haven't tried any other games that have this problem. I'm not sure where local save files are stored on my PC; I've tried My documents/Games and looked through the Oculus files too with no luck. I'm running Windows 7.

Answers

• KNP54KNP54 Posts: 281
    Nexus 6
    Try C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\
    AppData\ is a hidden folder, you might need to show hidden folders in explorer.
    It's problably hidden somewhere within Local\ or LocalLow\ or Roaming\
    I don't own the game so I can't verify, but that's usually where Oculus game saves the savegames.
    Specs: Delidded i7-8086k @ 5.0 GHz all cores, NZXT X52 cooler, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz, ASRock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac, Asus GTX 1080 Strix, Corsair SF600 platinum, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB + 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Louqe Ghost S1, Asus PB287Q 3840x2160 @ 60Hz, Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 1680x1050 @ 60Hz. Oculus Rift S.
  • exPureexPure Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    @KNP54 Wow thanks! I should've thought to look in Appdata but you saved me a ton of trouble! I greatly appreciate it. I have played around with saves for other games in Appdata but I didn't see Dark Days or their publisher/developer listed as an folder. It was found under Appdata/local/MOTEL. I wouldn't have even thought to click into the file tree but thanks for settling things, especially on a forum with not much activity.