New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

VR game testers/feedback needed

FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 206 Oculus Start Member
edited April 2018 in Games and Apps
Hi All,

After publishing my latest game Bacon Roll last month, I haven't had that much feedback to help it progress. I'm polishing things that I want myself, but I'd love to get some feedback, reviews and comments from external sources, you, as well. 

I'm working on optimizing for Gear VR and Oculus Go currently, but want to get everything in line on the Rift version before I go too deep into the mobile platforms. 

If anyone wants to give it a try, rolling a pig around little planets shooting tomatoes and being part of some weird pig family gossip then PM me and I'll send you a key! I appreciate all the feedback I can get. I've only made progress between each of my previous games due to the feedback I get from the players, and I want to make sure I get some now for Bacon Roll before moving onto my next game.

It's the first game I've made with a full menu, power ups, customisable character, dialogue system, currency for upgrades and much more. So it was a massive, and really fun, leap developing this and I'm looking forward to my next leap.

Cheers!

Check out our VR games here: www.FieldOf.Vision

Comments

• FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 206 Oculus Start Member
    So I know it's not the most gun blazing zombie shooting space exploring game on the Rift right now, but I'd still appreciate some feedback. 

Even if it's you don't like the pigs skin color. Though I won't change that. But anything else is fine.

If you feedback you will get a spot on the wall of fame. I haven't created the wall yet. But when I do. You will be on it. Right there at the top. Well naturally the top is for the first person who gives feedback, so you can't all be there. But seeing that no one is interested in that spot at the top of the wall of fame...

Anyway. I'm still optimizing for Gear VR at the moment, so would like to know if there's anything big I need to update while I port.

• TheExodus236TheExodus236 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I sent you a PM @FieldOfVision
    Thanks @TheExodus236

Have been getting a few requests for keys, and some really nice and helpful feedback. I'm still open to key requests in exchange for feedback. Don't be shy!

• KnifeologistKnifeologist Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited April 2018
    @FieldOfVision
    Hey, I sent you a message! :smile:
    Thanks everyone so far. It's been extremely helpful and I've started implementing feedback and advice. I still have some keys for testers if anyone is still interested. Get them while they are hot!

• BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    I have some time to spare, if you still need help.
  • savvitosavvito Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    I can help!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,879 Valuable Player
    I think you should start on a new project.  Use what you've learned and move onto your next one.  Honestly, I would never play this game, it looks boring to me.  But the fact that you made a fully functional game is awesome, especially if this is all new to you.  Plus this game may have a lot of appeal to other types of players.  Or just keep optimizing it so you get better at that part of development for future projects.  I think it's great this is your 3rd game, keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the help so far everyone. It's been very helpful getting reviews and constructive feedback.

@falken76
    Thanks for the tip. And I couldn't agree with you more, no games are for everyone. 
    In terms of making another game, I'm currently developing 2 more, and will be sharing review codes again once they are in a playable state. Though equally I like to get feedback on my current released titles as to make some updates if possible, as well as learn new things to add into my development pipelines.

• falken76falken76 Posts: 2,879 Valuable Player
    Thanks for the help so far everyone. It's been very helpful getting reviews and constructive feedback.

@falken76
    Thanks for the tip. And I couldn't agree with you more, no games are for everyone. 
    In terms of making another game, I'm currently developing 2 more, and will be sharing review codes again once they are in a playable state. Though equally I like to get feedback on my current released titles as to make some updates if possible, as well as learn new things to add into my development pipelines.

That's awesome, everything you learn on any project can be carried forward onto new projects going forward.  I hope it all works out and you learn new things you can apply in your other games.  It is so amazing to see your own projects come to life, I'm glad you are able to get into this and enjoy it.  I'm sure you will make games that will sell well, keep up the good work.