[SOLVED] Oculus Setup Keeps failing — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[SOLVED] Oculus Setup Keeps failing

DDexusDDexus Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited April 2018 in Support
Hello sorry i keep getting this error:
[Error] [07/04/2018 14:38:42] Uncaught exception!
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
   at IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshShortcut.Save()
   at Dawn.Setup.InstallShortcutsStep.Shortcut.Create()
   at Dawn.Setup.InstallShortcutsStep.InstallImpl()
   at Dawn.Mixins.SafeCallMixin(Func`1 func, String title, String caller)
[Debug] [07/04/2018 14:38:42] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallShortcutsStep' failed.

im assuming its about creating shortcuts and it fails but because it fails it rolls back the install of the software
and i dont know how to fix it someone please help me

Comments

• DDexusDDexus Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hello sorry i keep getting this error:
    [Error] [07/04/2018 14:38:42] Uncaught exception!
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
       at IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshShortcut.Save()
       at Dawn.Setup.InstallShortcutsStep.Shortcut.Create()
       at Dawn.Setup.InstallShortcutsStep.InstallImpl()
    [Debug] [07/04/2018 14:38:42] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallShortcutsStep' failed.

im assuming its about creating shortcuts and it fails but because it fails it rolls back the install of the software
    and i dont know how to fix it someone please help me
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,756 Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Disable antivirus/defender

Copy the setup file to your C:\ drive root and try again
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    NerveGear
    ok doing it now ill report back
    NerveGear
    YES it worked thank you
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,756 Volunteer Moderator
    YES it worked thank you
    Excellent, no problem :)
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • dragonbobff7dragonbobff7 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    cant get my oculus programe to re-install keep getting a error  and this what says in the log [Error] [20/07/2018 19:32:57] Error validating 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\LibOVRPlatform32_1.dll'!
    Daybreak.Core.Io+IoException: Error opening file 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\LibOVRPlatform32_1.dll'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Daybreak.Core.Io.CreateFile(Nullable`1 transaction, String filename, AccessRight accessMode, FileShareMode shareMode, FileCreationDisposition creationDisposition, FileAttribute flagsAndAttributes)
       at Daybreak.Core.Crypto.ComputeHash(Nullable`1 transaction, String filename, Action`2 progressCallback)
       at Daybreak.OVRLibraryService.Packages.PackageOperation.ValidateHash(Nullable`1 transaction, String filename, String expectedHash)
    [Error] [20/07/2018 19:32:57] File 'LibOVRPlatform32_1.dll' is missing or invalid.
    [Error] [20/07/2018 19:32:57] Uncaught exception!
    Daybreak.OVRLibraryService.Libraries.LibrarianException: Package oculus-runtime failed verification
       at Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep.InstallApplication(Nullable`1 transaction, Application app, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String installDirectory, String manifestDirectory, String downloadCache)
       at Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep.InstallImpl()
    [Debug] [20/07/2018 19:32:57] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep' failed.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can you try disabling anti-virus? Is Windows Update fully up to date?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    i have tried with the anti-virus off im cheking widows
    NerveGear
    windows is up to date. remove all off oculus and tried agen to download and install with anti-virus off and 1 hour later same thing agen it fail to intall
  • karlisserzantskarlisserzants Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I TRIED BOTH WHITELISTING AND UPDATING WINDOWS NONE OF THEM WORK. PLS HELP SO I WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH MY VR
  • sraurasraura Posts: 585
    Trinity
    edited August 2
    Easiest way to troubleshoot these random errors is to create new local admin account and install Oculus software there. If it works fine, then you should start looking what is causing it on your main account. If not - you can always delete the account you created.

Also try to run the installer while you have only the absolutely essential components running. Disable AV, defender and all monitoring, overclocking or optimizing software you may have.
    Make sure you have at plenty of free space on the system drive and that the drive is NOT a dynamic drive.