New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

For Sprint Vector Players Unable to Match During Gold Rush Hour

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
Thanks for showing up today to play Sprint Vector. In fact, so many of you showed up that we know that many of you waited and were unable to match during the Gold Rush hour. Don’t worry, we will make sure that everyone who played a match or was waiting to play and never matched will be entered into the drawing for prizes. We’re identifying winners and will start notifying those who won next week.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• spicoli420spicoli420 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Awesome! My daughter and I tried for the entire hour with no luck. Fun game.....we enjoyed the single player:)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    Fantastic move Oculus. No rematch, which could have made people mad. Very excellent move.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • lurdanelurdane Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Good deal.  Thanks for making it right!
  • BruxsBruxs Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    How will we know we have been entered into the contest if we only waited?
  • gshock75gshock75 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
  • RaDrumbaRaDrumba Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I've was in the middle of a Match when the gold rush started then game disconnected. But I did enjoy the game, Would recommend it to anyone who plays Echo Arena.
  • gshock75gshock75 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I got my attempts timestamped from the game maker, I am sure though that Oculus has a record of those who logged into that particular game and who did not otherwise what would keep gamers honest?
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 486 Poster of the Week
    Great News @cybereality :) I feel better now .. still sore but better :smiley:
  • Beaztmon23Beaztmon23 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I cant even download Sprint Vector. Just keeps saying INSTALLATION FAILED. i scanned, i cleared temp files, i rebooted i ran the repair install and nothing works. I have enough space on my drive for the install. and I cannot find any help on this issue. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If you have MalwareBytes (or similar) you need to temporarily disable it to uninstall games.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • RikkaKamiRikkaKami Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I was actually wondering what was going on since I gave up after 30 minutes in queue. 15 for us and 15 for eu server. I simply couldnt belive that no one is trying to play it especially when this game is really fun.
  • zekebarkerzekebarker Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    How will we know we have been entered into the contest if we only waited?
  • JonJonXDJonJonXD Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you for the update!

I was disappointed when I couldn't get into a game when matchmaking. This was definitely a great act of good will, as always by you guys!
    PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

• DavL0kDavL0k Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited April 8
    Salut tous le monde, ce week-end j'ai parciper au Gold Rush Sprint Vecteur je suis heureux d'avoir gagné, j'ai reçu une notification pour me dire que j''ai remporté le Gold Rush Sprint Vector 2018 mais je ne sais pas pas ce que je dois faire j'attend que vous me contacter merci Oculus rift pour ce weekend je me suis vraiment amusé    
    Cordialement Davl0k alias Davy François

• Eeetee007Eeetee007 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    hey I waited one hour ! in the game staring at the searching for server...can I get an entry in the competition plz
  • GerinakoGerinako Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Eeetee007 said:
    hey I waited one hour ! in the game staring at the searching for server...can I get an entry in the competition plz
    Think you'll be auto entered. They'll be able to track log in sessions there side
    Had same issue.
  • MysticDragonOracleMysticDragonOracle Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    I tried to get into a match twice i waited 15 total minutes and could not get in at all during the gold rush event.
    NerveGear
    I think the winner of the grand prize should be required to post an unboxing video in their speedo. 
  • mikkmastermikkmaster Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Very cool of you guys!  I waited for 30min, got tired of waiting and played a 1 person game.
  • JacobUnoJacobUno Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Can we get a confirmation email or something to check that we have infact been entered. If not a website with usernames.

Much appreciated, thanks.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,345 Power Poster
    Just wondering when the draw is? I haven't received my winning email yet lol :p
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • reevezgod420reevezgod420 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm really happy this is how you guys handled the situation.  Is there any way you could at least let us know when the winners have been picked and alerted?  I check my inbox every so often because in the T&C it states that today is the drawing date.  It would be super cool if you could just post "The winners have been picked and alerted!! If you didn't receive an email, try again this weekend with <insert game here(we all know its Echo Arena)>!!!"

NerveGear
    edited April 13

NerveGear
    NerveGear
    hi, 
    I received a notification when I race on gold rush sprint vector I would like to know if you too or if I am the only one to have received this (you have won the Gold Rush Sprint Vector 2018 https: // www .youtube.com / watch? v = eTIuTXZJsCk & t = 429s I made a video or I show the success in my video on youtube also + the picture my nickname is Davl0k) .
    NerveGear
    Surprised From other suns wasn't on gold rush- anyway, 4 of my friends who played before and got the achievement won lol everyone else I know who couldn't get it, didn't 
  • GlaidrGlaidr Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    So whats the situation? Do we get achievements? Notifications?  I'm not fussed on winning (though it would be amazing!) But would be nice to know if i was taken into account
    NerveGear
    Glaidr said:
    So whats the situation? Do we get achievements? Notifications?  I'm not fussed on winning (though it would be amazing!) But would be nice to know if i was taken into account
    No way to tell if you were taken into account this time, unless you played before the hour. 
    NerveGear
    edited April 14
    I would like to hear from a user who won and didn't earn the participation achievement.........Until then its really hard to say if we were all included. 

I did however earn the Echo Arena achievement:) 
  • justdcinausjustdcinaus Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Can I suggest a change to the rules for future events?  Having everyone try to log in at once seems to create problems; and it rules out those of us on the other side of the world, unless we wake at 04:00 and go without a morning coffee!

So how about one hour events running every 6 hourhs (or 4 if you're keen), that way potential players could aim to login when it suits in their time zone and hopefully the server load would be more managable.

Thanks
    And no - I don't expect you to change it for any remaining weeks of this contest; but as an organisation with world wide sales hopefully you'll consider it going forward.