New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

My Oculus Rift headset HDMI and USB isnt being detected

dannygorrydannygorry Posts: 24
Brain Burst
edited April 15 in Support
I have tried many of the fixes suggested through previous forums and the support page but the software wont pick up the oculus headset also the light inside the headset turns orange meaning its getting power to it through the USB

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz 38 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (16-18-18-36)

Motherboard
MSI B250 GAMING M3 (MS-7A62) (U3E1) 33 °C

Graphics
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI) 37 °C

Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 30 °C
2794GB TOSHIBA HDWD130 (SATA)

Comments

• JohSm67JohSm67 Posts: 128
    Hiro Protagonist
    Well, did it work from the beginning and just stopped working? Or has it never been working on that PC?

USB power / Driver issue? (Devicemanager migh tell you more about the state of the devices and ports..)
    Unplug other USB devices!
    Another USB port tested? (some ports may use some chipset and other ports another chipset, compatibility issues?)
    Graphics driver update?
    Uninstall Oculus SW, reboot, downlaod latest installer and install it!

Guess you need to supply more information About the setup and what you have tried.....

/J
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,667 Oculus Staff
    Can you upload your log files here? See this thread for how to get the files. Thanks.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • dannygorrydannygorry Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited April 10
    JohSm67 said:
    Well, did it work from the beginning and just stopped working? Or has it never been working on that PC?

USB power / Driver issue? (Devicemanager migh tell you more about the state of the devices and ports..)
    Unplug other USB devices!
    Another USB port tested? (some ports may use some chipset and other ports another chipset, compatibility issues?)
    Graphics driver update?
    ive tried all these yesterday the device manager wasnt even showing anything and today i am seeing 2 usbs which aren't recognised. and it has worked before on my pc. it also worked last night then stopped working again today without changing anything
    Brain Burst
    Can you upload your log files here

here are the logs for the past 48 hours
    I believe it's the same issue as this thread, see my comments there.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/602817/#Comment_602817
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    I believe it's the same issue as this thread, see my comments there.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/602817/#Comment_602817
    from this thread i dont have the oculus vr runtime drivers folder i looked in both program files and program files (86) C:\Program Files\Oculus VR Runtime Drivers\Drivers\Monitor 
    Brain Burst
    i saw ur upload of the file aswell and i get the same error that the person had in that thread and i am unable to install it even when disabling my anti virus temporarily  
  • Doum76Doum76 Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    Received my Rift yesterday and had issues to get my USB 2.0 Sensor being detected. Found a youtube video for the fix, but someone posted something and i decided to try that guy<s thing, which was simple, no fooling around inside files etc.. and he had like 20 replies to it for sucess. Try this out, it worked for me.

Go to: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
    Run oculus-driver.exe

After i ran it, my USB 2.0 got detected and i was able to continue configuring my new Rift
    Brain Burst
    edited April 10
    Doum76 said:
    Received my Rift yesterday and had issues to get my USB 2.0 Sensor being detected. Found a youtube video for the fix, but someone posted something and i decided to try that guy<s thing, which was simple, no fooling around inside files etc.. and he had like 20 replies to it for sucess. Try this out, it worked for me.

Run oculus-driver.exe

After i ran it, my USB 2.0 got detected and i was able to continue configuring my new Rift
    ive already tried this aswell and even when i use a usb 3.0 it doesnt work either
    Brain Burst
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.  

this the message under device device for the usb in device manager for the oculus
    Have you updated your USB drivers (usually found on your motherboard website). Alternatively, you can uninstall USB drivers (via Device Manager) and use Microsoft default. 
    Brain Burst
    Have you updated your USB drivers (usually found on your motherboard website). Alternatively, you can uninstall USB drivers (via Device Manager) and use Microsoft default. 
    Omg ur a genius. After everything else it just came down to my driver's for my usbs for my mobo. After I downloaded them drivers I changed the usb and it worked 
    Awesome! So glad to help.
  • HDreysseHDreysse Posts: 1
    NerveGear
     Hi all For me it did not work.  Defautl  since two days now   Bonjour pour moi ça ne marche toujours pas depuis deux jours 
    edited April 12
    You can check our support center for help:
    https://support.oculus.com/
    Veuillez soumettre un ticket ici:
    https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/fr/requests/new
    edited April 12
    It could be something with your USB ports. Can you buy this specific add-on card?
    https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
    This one has been tested to work with Oculus Rift.
    Brain Burst
    It could be something with your USB ports. Can you buy this specific add-on card?
    my mobo is only 6 months old and when i downloaded the drivers for this mobo yesterday it said it supports the oculus but you really think it could be the usbs i can still buy it

edited April 12
    To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what the issue is. My guess is that it could be USB related, in which case the add-on card would help. But it's hard to say for sure.
    Brain Burst
    buying this didnt fix the problem

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,849 Volunteer Moderator
    buying this didnt fix the problem

Which drivers are you using it for it? The ones windows auto detected or ones from the manufacturer?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Brain Burst
    Doum76 said:

Run oculus-driver.exe

Thanks but I've already done this multiple times 
    Brain Burst
    it now has this message but i have the most up to date drivers

Brain Burst
    Which drivers are you using it for it? The ones windows auto detected or ones from the manufacturer?
    the ones on the manufacturers website. they didnt have windows 10 ones so i got the windows 8 64 bit one
    the ones on the manufacturers website. they didnt have windows 10 ones so i got the windows 8 64 bit one
    Are you sure? Can you try these?
    https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/articles/latest-drivers
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Brain Burst
    the message for the sensor is gone but the headset still doesnt work

edited April 15
    the message for the sensor is gone but the headset still doesnt work

Where is your headset plugged into? which ports?

Brain Burst
    Where is your headset plugged into? which ports?
    the bottom one (if laying on its side) the furthest left (if stood up)
    could you take a picture? 

Brain Burst
    it now has this message but i have the most up to date drivers
    i unplugged and plugged the senor back in and it has this message again

edited April 15
    In Device Manager, can you find all the Inatek controller entries (fresco logic), right click on them and select uninstall and reboot, windows should find it's own drivers.