New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift SI 1.25 Rolling Out Now

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,667 Oculus Staff
edited April 13 in General
Heads up! Rift SI version 1.25 is starting to roll out, keep an eye out for the update in the next few days. We've added a few performance improvements to Rift Core 2.0 beta to make input more reliable and Library nav even easier. Don't forget to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Release Notes:

Changes:
  • Oculus desktop app
    • We're rolling out a test to help you save time by populating your search bar with recommended “trending” apps and your recent searches.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • Improved the Library panel in Dash. Added an Updates tab and the ability to sort apps by comfort/location
    • Improved virtual keyboard input for more reliability and consistency.
    • You can now see your mouse cursor in Dash.
    • We're preparing our network infrastructure for multiplayer in Home! You won't see any changes yet, but there will be some behind the scenes stress tests taking place for our servers.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,102
    Wintermute
    Hmmm...

I don’t WANT suggestive titles on my searches. Make it optional. 
  • TatowTatow Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Virtual desktop stopped working after this update. Every time Oculus software starts there's the new device sound... on nvidia control pannel appears the virtual monitor, and then there's the device disconnected sound and it dissapears from nvidia control pannel and I there's no desktop button on dash.... it was working yesterday! :neutral:
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,667 Oculus Staff
    If you experience any new problems, please reach out. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • OrogogusOrogogus Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    Something I wonder every time there's a system update -- is there a reason Oculus doesn't attach patch notes to the updates? I feel like 80% of the updates without patch notes are either the Rift's system updates or Facebook Spaces.  It just seems weird, because having the space for the patch notes is your own feature and all.
    edited April 16
    Good point. You can suggest feedback here: https://riftcorebeta.uservoice.com/
  • elboelbo Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    I am stuck in an update loop...oculus is updating, wait for oculus to restart...then it restart, I get the update message again...rince, repeat...
    Can you try downloading the setup installer again and choosing Repair? That can fix odd issues.
    Brain Burst
    clicked repair, was ok until it tried to download 1.25 again, then the loop came back.
    Wintermute
    hmm....havent gotten the update yet.  How can I force it to look for an update?
  • INkabodpainINkabodpain Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    edited April 17
    I am getting this error message since update and it has reverted back to the original U.I.

Sorry we're having trouble updating Oculus. Please make sure you have at least 9.00 GB of disk space free , or visit Oculus Support to get help.

I do have plenty of disk space .
    Brain Burst
    the 1.25 update worked but it prompts me for it everytime I start up oculus.
    Also is seems that in dash on desktop, the touch trigger is not recognized as a mouse click anymore
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    why the updates are note optional, or at least the option to revert back to older versions if problems occur ?
    Wintermute
    Digikid1 said:
    @cybereality
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 868
    Trinity
    edited April 18
    I stopped using DASH for now but hope it will add SMOOTH LOCO and KEEP/EXPAND VOICE COMMANDS.
    Also we could use a method of changing any binds in APPS/GAMES as I have 2 major issues which kill fun: -
    GOOGLE EARTH - The crap drag to turn and not using joysticks X- Axis (wtf)
    ARIZONA SUNHINE - The Right Touch Menu & Button A get confused in the panic! - (again wtff)
    If devs don't get play as we do and get real then we need overrides for them.
    Lastly, there isn't 1 GAME/APP that uses the full tactile functions of the Touch yet!
    Each button has tactile including when you rest your 2 fingers and thumb. So each button has 2 functions!!!
    I have only ever seen this demoed in the OCULUS SETUP - (er yet another big wtfff)
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    I had the same issue with the update stucked in a loop (download, install, restart). I let the software run as there was no error message. Eventually, Oculus Home restarted between 5 and 10 times (lost the count) before the update was fully done.

I would suggest people to let the software update and restart as long as you don't have an error message during the process.
  • clemencaclemenca Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    edited April 19
    Same problem here, in rift oculus home said there is an update, go to desktop, i went back from rift to desktop, there i said update, oculus home shuted down, i started it again, still oculus home said there is an update... restart ovr service, no change...

• clemencaclemenca Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    lol... i downloaded setup.exe... started it, but then i thought, just wait a day befor repair, maybe some feedback here... so i closed setup.exe before repair started... opened oculus home again, now it installed :D

edited April 19
    Digikid1 said:
    Digikid1 said:
    @cybereality

That's strange. It should be out to everyone now. Please download the setup installer again and choose Repair. https://www.oculus.com/setup/
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 610
    Neo
    MAC_MAN86 said:

Each button has tactile including when you rest your 2 fingers and thumb. So each button has 2 functions!!!

At least one button has 3 functions.
    The trigger has 2 positions, half way and fully depressed.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    any opinion on the 1.25 update from those who did it, any performance improvement... ext?
  • DTHDTH Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    Looks and feels the same to me.  I also never had any problems.
  • TalaamTalaam Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello, i'm having an issue with 1.25 it's trying to dl the update but it stay at 0% meanwhile i can't dl anything else.
  • TalaamTalaam Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I ended using the repair option but it just took me 1 hour to just ask me to re install, that's what i did now i can install games...
  • Fri13Fri13 Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    MAC_MAN86 said:

Lastly, there isn't 1 GAME/APP that uses the full tactile functions of the Touch yet!
    I have only ever seen this demoed in the OCULUS SETUP - (er yet another big wtfff)
    Oculus own setup uses touch functions as you say ;P

Yes, it would be nice to actually rebind the functions as wanted. And get the XBOX 360 controller simulated with those touch controllers, like really! Make there different functions like double press or just touch a button to be a different button. That way we could have A/B work as well as X/Y in one controller if so wanted! The Oculus own "thumb rest button" (next to two buttons) is as well not used. It could be the "Bumper button" in many joypads.

But what I really want to see is as well possibility bind keyboard/mouse to touch controller as wanted for some other VR games!