New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus Touch... Knuckles?

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,403 Power Poster
edited April 2018 in General
For $30 you can get a new Touch Accessory that straps the controllers to your hands and frees up the need to grip it at all.

Review:

Product Page:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mamut-touch-grip-vr#/

They are available now, and I plan to order them this week.
:)
Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
Tagged:

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,509 Poster of the Week
    I got their gun stock on (delayed) pre-order. If im happy with the quality of it, I might consider this product as well.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    I think I'll wait a bit for some feedback, but it seems interesting :)
    @Zenbane : you're sure it's already available ? They say the estimated delivery is June...
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,124 Valuable Player
    @Wildt - Where do you get the gun stock? Link please..
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 732
    3Jane
    edited April 2018
    Or you could just make your own with some 40mm waste pipe and elastic bands. (Check out the DIY gun stock thread ).
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/46553/my-diy-gun-stock-for-touch

Btw I just made some Sword hilts for Skyrim using the same idea. Perfectly weighted with counter balanced pommel too. :)

Bloodlet said:
    Or you could just make your own with some 40mm waste pipe and elastic bands. (Check out the DIY gun stock thread ).
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/46553/my-diy-gun-stock-for-touch

Btw I just made some Sword hilts for Skyrim using the same idea. Perfectly weighted with counter balanced pommel too. :)

The Mamut one has neodym magnets

Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    RedRizla said:
    @Wildt - Where do you get the gun stock? Link please..
    http://mamutvr.com/product/touch-magnet-stock-injection-mold-pre-order

• Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,408
    Wintermute
    I thought this as soon as I saw the knuckles, didn't take much of a mod.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 732
    3Jane
    Wildt said:

Actually the magnets are a really good idea.
    Bloodlet said:
    Wildt said:

Actually the magnets are a really good idea.
    Yup, notice how you can actually pump the shotgun!
  • SimonSays28SimonSays28 Posts: 578
    Neo
    That looks awesome - definitely going to get them when I have some more money to spend on VR.
    Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

• Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    It seems to be cool but $30 for a 2 pieces of plastic, it is expensive
    Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

• SimonSays28SimonSays28 Posts: 578
    Neo
    It seems to be cool but $30 for a 2 pieces of plastic, it is expensive
    If they are using molded hard plastic as mentioned in the video - the price is about right especially considering they are not a large company that will be manufacturing in bulk. They had an early buy in at $25 on the kick starter page - which says to me that they are either breaking even at that price point or just barely making profit - at $30 they should see a return on investment if enough of them sell.

I kind of wish that the grips were a more gripped and softer rubber material - but I think this will be good so I don't keep accidentally dragon shouting at everyone in Skyrim. LOL
    Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,500 Volunteer Moderator
    Ordered, im a sucker for modding things.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Log_a_FrogLog_a_Frog Posts: 1,045
    Trinity
    edited April 2018
    Zenbane said:
    For $30 you can get a new Touch Accessory that straps the controllers to your hands and frees up the need to grip it at all.

Review:

Product Page:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mamut-touch-grip-vr#/

They are available now, and I plan to order them this week.
    :)
    Well dude sounds like you dont know how to use a touch controller but is an interesting product.
    The controllers dont get slippery but the arm strap sucks bad,
    This item is unecessary
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,157
    Project 2501
    edited April 2018
    The rubber Hyperkin covers that a couple of the guys linked for me do a great job. There is nothing holding the Touch to my hand, but grip is far better than the standard ones.

I was going to make a vid, but didn't bother. Think I will now do one, so anyone interested can see how good they are. Apart from the posts by those 2 guys, I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else at all. Price is good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0758M1Z81/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

edit: ah, I see Cyber did post about it himself:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/58076/hyperkin-touch-skin-is-actually-pretty-cool

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,403 Power Poster
    edited April 2018
    Log_a_Frog said:
    Well dude sounds like you dont know how to use a touch controller but is an interesting product.
    This item is unecessary

I do agree, as I have never had the "slippery" problem with my Touch controllers. Not even during crazy sweat sessions with Knockout League and Sprint Vector. But some people secrete more than others I guess lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,379 Poster of the Week

I was wondering how the magnets would work for a shooter now after seeing it yea that would work well.

The only Issue I would have is I like having my stock tight to my shoulder so I'm not sure if this could replicate that.

WAAAGH!
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,157
    Project 2501
    edited April 2018
    Zenbane said:
    Log_a_Frog said:
    This item is unecessary

I do agree, as I have never had the "slippery" problem with my Touch controllers. Not even during crazy sweat sessions with Knockout League and Sprint Vector. But some people secrete more than others I guess lol
    One of the reasons I bought these (and the reason they were recommended to me) was because of an allergic reaction I have to the kind of plastic Touch is made from. I had to use cotton gloves to protect my skin (I have to use these with my HOTAS, too) and with Touch they were so slippery that I found myself clinging onto the damn things like grim death. The allergy didn't get me, but after every sesh my finger muscles were aching like hell and it made playing VR games a very uncomfortable experience.

the covers instantly changed that. So just cos the controllers themselves aren't slippery doesn't mean it isn't a slippery experience for everyone (God, I tried hard to think of the best way to put that....) :p

• ShocksOculusShocksOculus Posts: 139
    Art3mis
    I backed the $110 Oculus Grips + Full Gun Stock.

Can't wait !!!
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    Oculus GO

• Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 78
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just purchased the grips myself, I do have a problem with the touch controllers getting slippery if I get too sweaty, and the mamut's just also look really cool and I wanted to try it. XD
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,482
    Project 2501
    Holy crap guys....STOP BRINGING BACK OLD THREADS! :(
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,250
    3Jane
    I missed this thread, and I'd buy this product just to add the ~0.2 inch the Touch handle is missing...

In fact I'd gladly add 0.2 inch to the faceplate width, to the maximum IPD adjustment, and just about everywhere else : Who the hell did they use as model, when they determined the right (wrong) size for an adult sized CV1 (I'm six foot tall...) ?
  • MradrMradr Posts: 2,739 Valuable Player
    idk if it be worth 30$ - maybe 15$ - 30$ for some model injected plastic seems a bit high. I can understand the higher price for an early 3D printed version though.