Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clean exterior of helmet ?

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
Hello everybody,

How can I clean exterior of helmet ?
The coating is nice but it's frankly too messy !
59vt95imux87.jpg
kz85pbutz1yj.jpg

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RattyUK
Trustee
I just use a barely damp fine microfobre cloth that has been wetted with filtered water.  The cloth should feel more dry than wet, if you get my meaning.

Nothing but water - no detergents.

I suppose if you are concerned about bacteria you could use a wipe afterward but it seems a bit pointless to do so as the bacteria from your hands would soon undo the good work. (and unless you tend to put the headset in your mouth...)
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cybernettr
Superstar
My first Rift wore out without showing any dirt on the exterior whatsoever, but maybe you have kids. The exterior is cloth covered, which makes it hard to clean. 

According to the user guide,
Please only use dry optical lens micro-fiber cloths for cleaning of the headset lenses and sensor. Do not clean lenses or sensor with any liquid or chemical cleansers. Do not clean the facial interface foam with alcohol or any other abrasive cleaning solution.
Doesn’t say anything about cleaning the exterior...

An easier to read guide than the one shipped with the HMD is here:

https://fccid.io/2AGOZHM-A/User-Manual/User-Manual-2864382.pdf

More discussion:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/414064/

Anonymous
Not applicable
holy crap that looks mangy! how many hundreds of people have used that? yet ur face sponge looks in pretty good nic?

Richooal
Consultant

Rolz said:

holy crap that looks mangy! how many hundreds of people have used that? yet ur face sponge looks in pretty good nic?

It's not the same as my face sponge, looks like an aftermarket facial interface. (look at the big foam nose piece)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

RattyUK
Trustee
I just use a barely damp fine microfobre cloth that has been wetted with filtered water.  The cloth should feel more dry than wet, if you get my meaning.

Nothing but water - no detergents.

I suppose if you are concerned about bacteria you could use a wipe afterward but it seems a bit pointless to do so as the bacteria from your hands would soon undo the good work. (and unless you tend to put the headset in your mouth...)
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3