New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

How can I clean exterior of helmet ?

Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
Hiro Protagonist
Hello everybody,

How can I clean exterior of helmet ?
The coating is nice but it's frankly too messy !

Thank you in advance.

Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
Répétiteur HDMI x1
Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

Best Answer

Answers

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 866
    3Jane
    My first Rift wore out without showing any dirt on the exterior whatsoever, but maybe you have kids. The exterior is cloth covered, which makes it hard to clean. 

According to the user guide,
    Please only use dry optical lens micro-fiber cloths for cleaning of the headset lenses and sensor. Do not clean lenses or sensor with any liquid or chemical cleansers. Do not clean the facial interface foam with alcohol or any other abrasive cleaning solution.
    Doesn’t say anything about cleaning the exterior...

An easier to read guide than the one shipped with the HMD is here:

https://fccid.io/2AGOZHM-A/User-Manual/User-Manual-2864382.pdf

More discussion:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/414064/
  • RolzRolz Posts: 180
    Art3mis
    holy crap that looks mangy! how many hundreds of people have used that? yet ur face sponge looks in pretty good nic?
    CPU: i7 7700K @ 5GHz | GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB| MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus IX Code | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz | HDD: Samsung 960 EVO 500 M.2, Micron 512GB SSD, RAID5 WD RED 1.8TB| PSU: Corsair HX850 | OS: Win 10 x86_64| MONITOR: Oculus Rift CV1 | Audio: Onboard Realtek | Gear: Fanatec CSW v2 | Rim Clubsport BMW GT2, Clubsport Formula | Fanatec Shifter SQ v1.5 | DSD 2015 Pedals | Sim-Lab GT1 | Vision Racer Bucket Seat

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 642
    Neo
    Rolz said:
    holy crap that looks mangy! how many hundreds of people have used that? yet ur face sponge looks in pretty good nic?
    It's not the same as my face sponge, looks like an aftermarket facial interface. (look at the big foam nose piece)
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS