cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping no longer delayed? + First Impressions!

MrKaru
Adventurer
I'm putting this in off-topic, since I don't want to get in anybodies way, and I know its mostly due to my own supidity and lack of presence.

I've been avoiding Rift news for a few months while I saved up to get one. I may not be a developer, but I'm a gamer who likes to test things to try to help out that way.
I ordered mine and expected to see it in a month or two, but from what I've seen in the forums, shipping is no longer a big issue? I even saw "Shipping takes 3-5 business days" on the order screen.

So my question is, has the current state of shipping improved or the sales died down enough that shipping only takes a few weeks?
UK order, by the way.

Thanks for taking the time to read!
-Karu

EDIT
Since a lot of us have shared the experience of waiting for our Rifts to arrive, how about sharing our first impressions as well?

"HAWKEYE481" wrote:
I reckon us lot should start another thread after they've all been delivered for our first time rift experience's, what do you think? :?:

Once your Oculus Arrives, just post how you got on with setting it up, how it handled, what you game/demo you tried first and anything else related!

😄
160 REPLIES 160

virror
Explorer
Yes, shipping has been vastly improved now and usually just takes a few days for most pl : )

hernia
Honored Guest
I hope that's the reality, my order made ​​February 13 is still in a state of "Ready"

😞

lavojust
Honored Guest
Hey there ,same for me, I ordered last week , the 14th and currently in ready status but not shipped yet :?

MrKaru
Adventurer
From 14th to now, it's only been one (maybe two) business days, so perhaps the orders are just being processed.

I really do hope shipping doesn't take too long though. Getting my rift is just the beginning, I have lots of things I need to test and organise to get it to work in a way I'm comfortable with.
Plus, I'm really impatient :lol:

Gabriel07
Honored Guest
Hi!

I'm from Portugal and made the request 02.13.2014 and till now the status is ready.
How long will it take to be delivered?

k0re919
Honored Guest
I really hope the delivery is better, just ordered my rift yesterday and it only said "3-5 days for dispatch" in comparison to "dispatched in X months" last year.Anyone know how much time it takes to be delivered to the uk (excluding dispatch time) ?
Thanks

MrKaru
Adventurer
"k0re919" wrote:
I really hope the delivery is better, just ordered my rift yesterday and it only said "3-5 days for dispatch" in comparison to "dispatched in X months" last year.Anyone know how much time it takes to be delivered to the uk (excluding dispatch time) ?
Thanks

I'm UK too. Ordered mine Sunday, which means it counts from yesterday, so I'm guessing ours will be sent around the same time and will arrive around the same time.
Still on "Ready" status though. Hoping to wake up tomorrow with that changed 😄

How about we all post when we ordered, where we are (vague of course) and then update when anything changes? That should give the rest of us some pretty good idea of where are orders are down the list.

k0re919
Honored Guest
"MrKaru" wrote:
"k0re919" wrote:
Thanks

I'm UK too. Ordered mine Sunday, which means it counts from yesterday, so I'm guessing ours will be sent around the same time and will arrive around the same time.
Still on "Ready" status though. Hoping to wake up tomorrow with that changed 😄

How about we all post when we ordered, where we are (vague of course) and then update when anything changes? That should give the rest of us some pretty good idea of where are orders are down the list.

awesome 😄 im guessing 1-3 weeks after dispatch if im lucky, though sometimes when ordering from outside the UK, the customs can throw in an extra week for no reason 😞

Gabriel07
Honored Guest
😞 😞

I'm really impatient