Why are "supported controllers" for games in store not always correct/present? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why are "supported controllers" for games in store not always correct/present?

rh_galaxyrh_galaxy Posts: 89 Oculus Start Member
How hard can it be for someone to go over all titles and set the proper supported controllers correctly? There are many more than 10 titles with the wrong info, mostly indicating that no controller is needed - not remote, not gamepad, not touch, only your head supposedly.

One could easily be tricked by this, and often watching the video confirms that touch is needed... but why cant this info be correct at the first time?

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 676
    Neo
    his is left to the dev at time of upload so they need to be contacted
  • rh_galaxyrh_galaxy Posts: 89 Oculus Start Member
    edited April 2018
    It's up to them but it should not be possible to leave blank for the developers...
    Apart from the price this is maybe the most important info.
    It is fixable...
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    Rift comes only with Touch these days in a package. If no controller is quoted in a game that obviously uses one, it's pretty safe to assume that it needs Touch.

However, some say Touch and have controls that require a gamepad (here's looking at you, FIRMA :# )

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If you've found inaccurate listings, please post the names of the titles here. However, in general, these will be developer controlled options, so it may be best to reach out to the developer. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    I did do that for FIRMA, but got no response. That surprised me, because I did help the dev sort out issues with controllers after the game was also released on Steam ( I purchased it on both). It just seems that he isn't really interested.

The first two game reviews I see for FIRMA (one is mine) do state that despite Touch being named as a controller - in gamepad emulation form - it's impossible to fire without a gamepad (left bumper is shown as the required control), and many of the missions require something to be shot at.

edited April 2018
    Even if you own Touch it might be that you prefer gamepad, like me...
    Didn't know that only Touch is included now...

There are certainly more, didn't go through all of them... but here is what I found:

No info
    ---
    Knockout League
    ARK Park
    Prison Boss VR
    VRFC
    Twisted Arrow
    SYREN
    Baskhead Training
    Steel Combat
    The Perfect Sniper
    Internal Light VR
    Bubmarine
    Wraith
    VRog
    Seashell Scuttle
    Smell of Death
    Kill all Orcs
    Voltron, need touch
    The Lost Bear, need touch
    Scanner Sombre, need touch
    Oogie, couldn't start with any controller, got it to work later with gamepad.
    Clash of Magic, not sure if touch supported

Wrong info
    ---
    Rangi, only touch, remote didn't work

No info, but it is actually true, no controller needed
    ---
    ProjectM: Daydream
    Room 202

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Thanks. Let me speak with the team.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Any luck with the team so far?
    Ping.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Before people add this, FARLANDS can actually work fine with Touch (it only requires 1) but as the advise notice says in loading. The best experience is simply to use the Remote. Quite a few had said in Reviews Touch wouldn't work but it does.

Anyways, I uninstalled this due to it getting stuck on the 1st level. Seemed to be waiting for a Alien Bug to emerge from the far East Side by the pool and never did.