cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my downloads keep stopping?

86themadhatter
Honored Guest
My download speed is probably 4-5mb, not great but it gets the job done on Steam and PS4.  For some reason on the Oculus store i'll put a game downloading, check back 2 minutes later and find there was an error downloading the game/update.  So i have to keep checking and hitting download again whenever it stops.  Funnily enough as i type this, an update for In Death has stopped.  It basically means i'm done with the Oculus Store if i can't find a solution.  Any advice?  I've seen old threads from people but never saw a solution.  Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

jam1993
Honored Guest
Any error message on why the download won't push through? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems Virtual Desktop had errors. I got 2 installs of 1.12 within 8hours and then a fix 1.12.1
Meanwhile at that time it found the latter, I got crazy screen Judders in the Station of E:D all over again.
It made me try a Restore History which failed and then messed up some things. It lost my USB Drivers and needed a reboot to get them back. Gradually the system settled. It must be due to the high cpu stress forced by running PD=2 with Max settings and then allowing enough for background downloads which was simply Pending. Ideally, I think Home should do nothing while we are PLAYING OUR GAMES!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

My download speed is probably 4-5mb, not great but it gets the job done on Steam and PS4.  For some reason on the Oculus store i'll put a game downloading, check back 2 minutes later and find there was an error downloading the game/update.  So i have to keep checking and hitting download again whenever it stops.  Funnily enough as i type this, an update for In Death has stopped.  It basically means i'm done with the Oculus Store if i can't find a solution.  Any advice?  I've seen old threads from people but never saw a solution.  Thanks

It happens to me a few times, but a reboot of the PC tends to resolve it.

In the past, this was caused by my Anti-Virus. Also, are you actually playing your Rift while trying to Download? You can't be in VR at all last I checked.

86themadhatter
Honored Guest
I just tend to get a notification saying that whatever game has failed to update, please check your connection and try again or visit the oculus store for help.  I'll check later to see if my Anti-Virus is affecting it. Also no i don't use my rift while running updates.  

I may try reinstalling Oculus again if it's relatively straight forward.  Thanks for the help guys

BuzZzKiller
Honored Guest
I see this post was from 2018 but I'm having the exact same issue. Trying to download E:D and Lone Echo. I leave it on overnight and come back in the morning to find it stopped. When I go to launch it starts downloading again at 15%. I'm about to get a Steam Key for E:D and just download it through there. Edit: No errors, it just stops on it's own. I have about 5-6 MB/s download speed as well.

Issacboothcool
Explorer

I GOT SOLOUTION but it's not what you expect you might need a stuff animal....yeah first you'll need to got to settings and put you sleep timer on 4hour also put head tracker on 4hours after that start the download and put the head set onto the stuff animal this tricks the head set into thinking you are online the only catch is you must check yhe head set every four hours to make sure it don't go out I know you don't have to believe, e but it works and I feel obligated to help every body you struggle with this is a fix to use until meta get their stuff together nobody's probably will see this tho it sounds ridiculous