cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusSetup won't install the Oculus App

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

I've used my Oculus in the past and the app worked just fine. I could play games without any issues at all. The problem is that I had to get some space on my drive for a short while, so I uninstalled the Oculus App since I wasn't playing that much around that time. But now that I want to play again, I just can't get the oculus setup to reinstall the app. At the end of the 5.05GB download I get this error :

mjsuxhihmxk5.jpg

It's in french but basically in english it means "Restart your computer. There was an error during the installation". Of course, I did that several times and it never worked. I attached my OculusSetup log file to this post for you to see. I've already tried a couple of things but nothing works. I'm really desperate for help, and anyone even considering answering this post has my eternal gratitude.
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks like this is the error you are getting
Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe exited with code -2147024703 (failure).
Though, I'm not sure why that would happen. Maybe you have an anti-virus or security app blocking Oculus?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for answering. I've already tried turning Windows Defender off, didn't work though. I don't any other anti-virus installed aswell.

ceoroyalt
Protege
same problem here

Rahotep
Protege
Same here - shit

cybereality
Grand Champion
Feel free to submit a ticket if you haven't already. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV