New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus Go shipping now

LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)

Comments

• ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 180
    Art3mis
    Everyone at F8 2018 gets one for free too. nice!
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,164 Power Poster
    Ordered from the UK Store £199. 32 Gb

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
    Ordered!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,523 Valuable Player
    Not too bad, 50 quid more for the 64GB one.
    edited May 1
    for non US customers, you need to buy your own USB 10W 5v 2A adapter tho

You can grab one on Amazon for £6

• PabbertPabbert Posts: 223
    Nexus 6
    I got the 64gb version. :D
  • kojackkojack Posts: 4,636 Volunteer Moderator
    The order status page for Aus says "Dispatches by 11 May"
    Let's see if that's optimistic or pessimistic.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,523 Valuable Player
    kojack said:
    The order status page for Aus says "Dispatches by 11 May"
    Let's see if that's optimistic or pessimistic.

Same in the UK - Dispatched from 1-11 May.
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 484
    Trinity
    ill wait till November when its her bloody birthday .it might have come down a bit by then .....its not that I`m as tight as two coats of paint of anything mind
  • AnnoyedDragonAnnoyedDragon Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    It was rather stingy of them to not include a power adaptor with the UK version. Hopefully it will charge with your standard phone cable, otherwise there are going to be a lot of ordinary consumers suddenly discovering they cannot recharge their devices...

Hi Robert,

Your order has been processed and is being prepared for delivery! For your convenience, here is a copy of your final invoice.

<3 

Hi Robert,

Your order has been processed and is being prepared for delivery! For your convenience, here is a copy of your final invoice.

<3 

OMG, I just got mine tooo!!

• danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,987
    3Jane
    i wish we could just order the lenses and replace the cv1 lenses.

but that would be too consumer friendly and not ripping people off enough.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • ShocksOculusShocksOculus Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    danknugz said:
    i wish we could just order the lenses and replace the cv1 lenses.

but that would be too consumer friendly and not ripping people off enough.
    I own a Rift and just bought the GO.  While the Godrays are greatly diminished, I personally still wouldn't pay the $50-$100 fee to upgrade the Rift lenses. Afterall, the resolution of the Rift lens is still 1080 x 1200 per eye
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    Oculus GO

• JohSm67JohSm67 Posts: 128
    Hiro Protagonist
    64GB Version ordered, now should I get one for the Wife and another one for the Kids... 269 Euro with shipping is ok!
    JohSm67 said:
    64GB Version ordered, now should I get one for the Wife and another one for the Kids... 269 Euro with shipping is ok!
    Those things are going to sell like hot cakes.

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,327 Power Poster
    JohSm67 said:
    Those things are going to sell like hot cakes.

Yup, if they have enough stock available I can see them selling well over a million of the things before Christmas. It all depends on how fast they can make the things tbh.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • PixelfoxPixelfox Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2
    Ordered yesterday afternoon (5/1) direct from Oculus, got order processed email last night, and now just got a UPS "signature will be required for delivery tomorrow (5/3) from OCULUS C/O ARVATO, weight 3.3 pounds". So there's that which is nice.

It's coming from Louisville, Kentucky, UPS Ground service. Now ready for pick up and still claims it's going to make it to NW Chicagoland by end of day tomorrow.

10:43 PM: Has now departed Louisville for the five hour drive north.
  • ken.moscoeken.moscoe Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Damn - mine is in Kentucky to but won’t be here in Toronto until Monday.  That’s too bad - would be a fun weekend toy.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,127 Power Poster
    Got my shipping confirmation an hour ago—getting mine on Monday too (also in Toronto).
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,243 Power Poster
    nalex66 said:
    Got my shipping confirmation an hour ago—getting mine on Monday too (also in Toronto).

Lets hang out in an Oculus Room and play a board game when you get it!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • chuffedfoxchuffedfox Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Mine was shipped yesterday and left the Netherlands this morning (to the UK).   Due tomorrow  :)

Went for the 64GB version for the extra £50
    Same here, mine inbound for delivery tomorrow, let's see if UPS can be bothered to ring the bell on the door this time.

edited May 3
    Yep man, that's my worry as well. The last two times UPS has tried to deliver here they screwed up. Anyhow, mine is now mere miles away from its home so should be well on track for tomorrow.

Hiro Protagonist
    You can create a free account with UPS My Choice, and pre-authorize the release of the package so that a signature (may) not be necessary.

The other annoying thing about signature-required for those of us who work from home is that they'll often just assume that nobody is home during the day and either not even bother to knock / ring, or they'll wait til after 5pm to even try.
    edited May 3
    I usually get UPS deliveries sent to my office rather than my home to avoid the missed delivery issue. Since my wife is home on maternity leave, I used my home address this time. Now you guys have me worried, so perhaps I'll use my UPS account to pre-authorize them to leave it without signature.

On the other hand, my wife has been ordering a lot of stuff online lately--she gets parcel deliveries just about every day, so our local UPS driver should be well aware that someone is home.

Edit: authorized UPS to leave it at the front door without a signature. I'll monitor the tracking on Monday and call my wife to make sure she's brought it inside, I don't want any funny business with them failing to deliver.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    It was rather stingy of them to not include a power adaptor with the UK version. Hopefully it will charge with your standard phone cable, otherwise there are going to be a lot of ordinary consumers suddenly discovering they cannot recharge their devices...
    It looks like it comes with the micro-USB cable, just not the AC adapter. I have a spare 10W adapter from one of my old iPads, so I'll use that (iPad 2, they changed to a 12W charger with the later models).
    Hiro Protagonist
    It arrived yay! It's awesome! UPS left it without requiring a signature (after I did the release through My UPS, but they might have just blown off the signature requirement too lol).
    I called them and they said it's a no sig delivery anyway.