New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus GO: How to determine how much RAM is been used.

yostopiayostopia Posts: 6
NerveGear
I can't find any option to determine RAM usage.  Anyone know how to do this?

Answers

• FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 190 Poster of the Week
    Do you mean for a specific application from the store? That you are building from Unity? Or do you mean in general you want to be able to check what processes are active and how much RAM they are using?
    I haven't seen any system processes check in Oculus Go. 

Check out our latest VR exclusive games from www.FieldOf.Vision
  • gotgalfgotgalf Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Did you try "adb shell vmstat" ?
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 570
    Neo
    DESPITE what people think....RAM is not the same as the storage. People need to learn that. Same as memory is not the same as storage....but it can be used AS storage. Just just urks me majorly when people wrongly think that and say “oh I have 1TB of memory”.

NO YOU DON’T. 

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 4,645 Volunteer Moderator
    Digikid1 said:
    DESPITE what people think....RAM is not the same as the storage. People need to learn that. Same as memory is not the same as storage....but it can be used AS storage. Just just urks me majorly when people wrongly think that and say “oh I have 1TB of memory”.

NO YOU DON’T. 

BREATHE @Digikid1 Lets' be nice to new posters ... yeah? Or Ill have to send you to the dungeon where @vannagirl
    is waiting with her torture gear ...
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 3,904 Power Poster
    Send me to the dungeon PLEEEEAAASSSE!!! :D

I'll pay you good money.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 570
    Neo
    Digikid1 said:

NO YOU DON’T. 

BREATHE @Digikid1 Lets' be nice to new posters ... yeah? Or Ill have to send you to the dungeon where @vannagirl
    Sry. Just a pet peeve. However that last part sounds fun. I’ll fight you for her Snowdog!!!!!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 3,904 Power Poster
    Digikid1 said:
    Digikid1 said:

NO YOU DON’T. 

Sry. Just a pet peeve. However that last part sounds fun. I’ll fight you for her Snowdog!!!!!

You won't win. The Snowdog has a very nasty bite when riled :p
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,700 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    You won't win. The Snowdog has a very nasty bite when riled :p
    @Digikid1

Ohh you don't know the half of it

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 190 Poster of the Week
    When did the OP say he was talking about storage? I assume this IS about RAM.

Check out our latest VR exclusive games from www.FieldOf.Vision
  • yostopiayostopia Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Pretty simple question.  The OS, apps (and their downloaded content) along with sideloaded videos all take up a cumulative amount of the RAM that ships in a device.  It would be nice to know how much that is, that's all.