cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FramesDirect are not shipping VirtuClear Lens Inserts for the Go outside the US?

Cain-
Protege
How can this be the actual state of affairs?  It seems beyond absurd, not to mention disheartening, since prescription lens inserts are the only solution that makes fixed-focus VR headsets properly enjoyable for me. 

(Edited to reflect the fact that this is not actually a restriction that has been imposed by Oculus, but by FramesDirect)

6 REPLIES 6

Cain-
Protege
But apparently I can't buy an Oculus Go accessory, from FramesDirect,
who do in fact normally ship to my country, because Oculus have
instructed them not to ship it to my country (or any other country outside the US).

For the record, Oculus Support have informed me that this is actually an international compliance issue and that it is in fact FramesDirect who are making the distribution decisions.  They are working on expanding to more locations.

jimmy_beaubien
Honored Guest
Expanding when?
Framesdirect cancelled my order and told me to use a redirect service....
Those lenses would then cost me more than the Go.... Would be nice if Oculus could pressure them a little bit.

jimmy_beaubien
Honored Guest
Would be nice also to update the publicity to inform people before hand that only US is allowed... This way i would not have wasted money and time on this endeavor...

TopTex
Explorer
Also in Australia and pretty peeved that they took my order even quoted me for shipping to Aus and then cancelled it. Also would be nice if Oculus would make it clear on their web site that the lens are not available internationally. That is misleading advertising and needs to stop. 

Cain-
Protege
I ended up using ShopMate to get them here.  They are on the Australia Post leg of the journey now.

TopTex
Explorer
I managed to order thru another company (no cancellation so far). I prefer to find someone who will ship to Aus so I don't have problems if there is a fault or something and they claim I'm not entitled because I am overseas. 

They also seem to do a wider Cyl range which helps for more extreme visual impairments like mine.