New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My VR headset is being annoying...

TheMofoHeisterTheMofoHeister Posts: 4
NerveGear
It doesn't work well...
what I mean by that is that the HDMI is connected yet the light is still orange and I cannot see a thing...
help, please!

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Please submit a support ticket for help. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • TheMofoHeisterTheMofoHeister Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Done, but still If anyone know what to do just say please...
  • CaTaPulT88CaTaPulT88 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    More than likely it's a USB thing, try unplugging the USB3 plug and plugging it back in when it does this, I have the same problem and sometimes I need to unplug it a few times then it comes to life. More than likely a Windows 10 problem.
    NerveGear
    Please submit a support ticket for help. https://support.oculus.com/

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a replay on that ticket...
  • WordsmitheryWordsmithery Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I get this from time to time, normally when I let the computer use SLEEP instead of shut down. What I do is open SERVICES, look for Oculus VR Runtime Service, highight it, then press the STOP word. Wait for the service to....ummm... Stop. Then wait another two or four heartbeats, then hit START to ....Well... Yeah, Start the service.

The Oculus Rift app should open, now, if it does not, then double click the shortcut to open it, and then try on the mask.

Should now be working. Or at least it works for me.
    NerveGear
    I get this from time to time, normally when I let the computer use SLEEP instead of shut down. What I do is open SERVICES, look for Oculus VR Runtime Service, highight it, then press the STOP word. Wait for the service to....ummm... Stop. Then wait another two or four heartbeats, then hit START to ....Well... Yeah, Start the service.

The Oculus Rift app should open, now, if it does not, then double click the shortcut to open it, and then try on the mask.

Should now be working. Or at least it works for me.
    I forgot to say...
    what CaTaPulT88 said worked out.