New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Just bought oculus go can’t pair with phone.

drbrendandrbrendan Posts: 3
NerveGear
just bought the go.  Can’t connect it to my iPhone.  Tried multiple WiFi networks, going close to router opening and closing bluetooth,
etc etc.   when I go through setup it says unable to find your headset.  Wasted so much time on this please Help!!!!
Tagged:

Answers

• PixelfoxPixelfox Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    I think the initial phone pairing (at least) is pure Bluetooth, so focus on that side of it. WiFi should not matter at that point, so it's just proximity to the phone and the phone having BT enabled etc.

Just keep telling it to retry. Some people have reported that it can take multiple tries. Or try another phone if you have that option.

Once it's connected then it will ask which WiFi network you want to use and its password and then sends that info over Bluetooth after which the Go will attempt to connect to it.
  • drbrendandrbrendan Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thank you for your reply.  I tried an iPhone 7 and 8 so far and reinstalled the app several times.  It doesn’t see the headset.  Turned on and off Bluetooth several times.  Interestingly the headset doesn’t show up under Bluetooth devices at all.  Should it?  Completely bummed.  Maybe mine is bunk.  Any other ideas?  Thank you for your time.
    Hiro Protagonist
    You sure you got the headset actually turned on? I remember having to hold the power button down for quite a while (several seconds) to get it going. 
  • drbrendandrbrendan Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Definitely powered on.  Iight lit.  Screen inside says Get your phone etc.  remote pairs.  Just no Bluetooth.  Tried factory reset.  Nothing works.  Oculus doesn’t show up at all in blue tooth screen.  I guess  I will bring it back to Best Buy and get another.  Can you see oculus when you look at Bluetooth devices?
    Hiro Protagonist
    In iOS with a fully configured and connected Go, it shows in the Bluetooth "My devices" list as "Oculus Go  Connected".
  • jenlehnerjenlehner Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Drbrendan im in exactly the same boat. Word for word. I’m so upset. Have been at this for 3 hours now. 
  • smoore190smoore190 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem.  Using an iPhone.  I tried a factory reset on the Oculus Go but same result.
  • smoore190smoore190 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I got it to work using an iPad.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If you're having any problem connecting your Go, please contact us so we can look into it. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • WheelsHurlbutWheelsHurlbut Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 2018
    Exact same problem. My iPhone can detect the serial number but it will not pair. Any resolution? Thanks. 
  • mcpherson22mcpherson22 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Same problem here, SOME HELP FROM OCULUS WOULD BE NICE!
    You can get support here. Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ashzhangashzhang Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    same problem ,does facbook staff have not test with iPhone X ? so many bugs that connect wifi ,so dispointed 囧
  • ashzhangashzhang Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    You can get support here. Thanks.

same problem ,does facbook staff have not test with iPhone X ? so many bugs that connect wifi ,so dispointed 囧
  • brandonyuenbrandonyuen Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I'm still waiting for a solution to this, either from Oculus support or from some kind soul in this forum. 
    Tried many phones. Oculus Go is definitely on. Phone app sees the serial number. Status light on the Go blinks blue a couple of times, each time I attempt pairing, before the phone app says it can't pair.

I'm able to bypass the pairing screen (by holding down Vol+ and Vol-) and manually connect to WiFi. The browser works but the app store does not, so I have no apps. 

At this point, I think it's time I asked... does anyone know if the Oculus Go works outside the United States, or outside the 23 countries they officially ship to? I'm in Singapore, and I'm starting to think that has something to do with it. 

Thanks for reading this. 

edited May 2018
    Oculus Go should not be region locked or anything, so your country shouldn't matter. The one issue would be if your location or network was blocking Oculus or Facebook servers, but that would affect accessing the store, you should still be able to pair the hardware. Can you contact us for help? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

NerveGear
    Oculus Go should not be region locked or anything, so your country shouldn't matter. The one issue would be if your location or network was blocking Oculus or Facebook servers, but that would affect accessing the store, you should still be able to pair the hardware. Can you contact us for help? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

Thanks. I do have a discussion going on with support... this is my case number: #547356.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated!
  • G0-DVLG0-DVL Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 2018
    I too have problems pairing my OnePlus Two with the Oculus GO.
    It finds the headset serial number but can not pair after that.

EDIT: It worked with a Samsung Galaxy S7 on the first try, but it is not my phone. My problem still exists for my OnePlus 2
  • ViewnaijaViewnaija Posts: 2 Oculus Start Member
    Had the same problem. Looks like it needs an update for iPhone X. This is how I solved it...

1) You have to update the headset by first connecting to wifi, it will automatically download the updates to the headset required. To bypass the bluetooth connectivity screen and get to wifi you have to..
    Hold down volume up and down buttons together for 5 seconds to trigger the Wi-Fi setup screen.
     Follow the prompts and connect to your wifi. Headset will restart. May take up to 20 mins to come back up once you hear the sound you know its been rebooted.
    2) Follow screen prompts on phone to connect again.
    Good luck and see you on the other side!

• barrie.willsonbarrie.willson Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can't find my Wi-Fi which is an EE box that should be supported it won't find my phone at all but my phone can find it it won't show my Wi-Fi on the Wi-Fi connections that are available please advise
    Please submit a support ticket here. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
  • O_kasO_kas Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Not able to connect to Bluetooth from 3 different android phones, pixel XL, Nexus 5x and a Moto E 2nd gen.
    NerveGear
    Sounds like there are quite a few of us with this issue now.
    Hope it's something that can be fixed without us having to send the Oculus Go back... I mean, WiFi seems to work fine, and I'm even able to pair with one phone from the phone's Bluetooth menu, but not from the Oculus app. So I'm still hopeful...
  • alejandro.castan.503alejandro.castan.503 Posts: 78 Oculus Start Member
    Hi brandontuen
    I live in Argentina and I am having the same problem with you( like you say in your post of May 19)
    I am speaking with all Oculus support people and I cannot fix it yet So I'm still hopeful too....

NerveGear
    Yeah, let's hope they find a fix that we can apply on our own. I don't have the option of returning my set (without significant shipping charges) since I'm in Singapore.

To Oculus Support: If you guys get your hands on any returns with this problem and figure out the fix, please post. Thanks!
    Can you try with a friend or family member's phone? You only really need it for the initial setup.
    NerveGear
    Can you try with a friend or family member's phone? You only really need it for the initial setup.
    I've tried it with many phones... Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, Sony, Huawei... but they all won't pair.

Any way I can get it set up with a PC via USB?
  • WheelsHurlbutWheelsHurlbut Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    The resolution to my pairing problem was that Oculus replaced my head set with a new one and it paired just fine.  Bit of a drag but I have a working Go now. 
    NerveGear
    The resolution to my pairing problem was that Oculus replaced my head set with a new one and it paired just fine.  Bit of a drag but I have a working Go now. 
    That's great! Have fun!

Thanks for the update!
    I hope they figure out what was wrong with the one you sent back though. And I hope there's fix that can be deployed remotely via firmware. I guess I'll wait and see. 
  • jinzhong.wang.12jinzhong.wang.12 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    drbrendan said:
    just bought the go.  Can’t connect it to my iPhone.  Tried multiple WiFi networks, going close to router opening and closing bluetooth,
    etc etc.   when I go through setup it says unable to find your headset.  Wasted so much time on this please Help!!!!
     I have the same problem! I tried three different phones.