New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How do you uninstall an app from the Oculus Go?

LarrySchneiderLarrySchneider Posts: 5
NerveGear
Can this be done in the Oculus App on my smartphone?

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Yes, you can purchase the apps on your phone and then send them to install on the GO automatically, you can also purchase directly in the store in the headset.

To download new content:

From your Oculus Go:
    1. Select Store from the bottom menu.
    2. Select what you want to download.
    3. Use your pointer to select the price to buy it, or select Free if it's a free download.
    From your phone:
    1. Open the Oculus app and tap Store from the bottom menu.
    2. Tap what you want to download.
    3. Tap the price at the top to buy it, or tap Free if it's a free download.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • asmode0sasmode0s Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I don't think the Oculus App has an uninstall app function. I can't find one anyway. There is a 3 dot menu on each app tile in the Go home area that has uninstall (in VR).
  • LarrySchneiderLarrySchneider Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Thanks.
    NerveGear
    Actually, here's a follow-up question on a related note. I have uninstalled the apps that I no longer want on my Go. But they still show up in the Uninstalled List (and clicking the 3 dots there doesn't offer an option to remove them). Is there a way to completely banish them from my account?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Purchases will always be tied to your account, in case you decide to install them again later.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    I can understand why that would be the case for paid apps. But I think it's perfectly understandable why someone like me would like to unlink a free app from my account. It would be nice to be able to do that.
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, I understand. It's just that with any app (free or paid), when you click the button, it's treated as adding that game entitlement to your account. Even though they may be free, everything else in the system handles them the same. But it's good feedback.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • hfLUBUhfLUBU Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have uninstalled an app but after days it still says '''will be deinstalled'. It won't go away and I'm not able to reinstall same app either.What else can I do?
  • Get_RevvedGet_Revved Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Maybe an option to hide uninstalled apps (and view hidden apps if you want them back) would be good. They would still be tied to your account, but not visible once hidden. Seems like a good compromise if they can't be completely removed after being tied to your account.
  • brentonibrentoni Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    hfLUBU said:
    I have uninstalled an app but after days it still says '''will be deinstalled'. It won't go away and I'm not able to reinstall same app either.What else can I do?
    Have you completely shut down the Go at all? I haven't heard about issues with uninstalling apps but I know that when people try to delete videos they often stay on the Go until it is rebooted.
  • Kingsajz43Kingsajz43 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    i have the same problem. i was uninstall amaze VR, but my charge was over. next time i was start my oculus go normaly and the APP was still at WILL UNINSTALL and the Loading Bar was at 0% of 100%, after waint hourse still at 0%. i try everything, i cant install the app, i cant deled the app, nothing, the logo is still in menu, and i had it! so i connect to pc, and manuell deled the app data, but still the same problems, the logo is still in my Libary. plssss help!!!
    Games you purchase (even for free) will stay in your Library as you technically own the games.
  • Kingsajz43Kingsajz43 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Games you purchase (even for free) will stay in your Library as you technically own the games.
    I am not 14, i know the Games are still in Libery after uninstall. Problem here is that i cant uninstall the App (Amaze VR), and the Logo is in my Install List with status still WILL UNINSTALL, but the Uninstall not finish, mit important how long i wait the Bar is fix on 0%. Help me, i want this Logo Out of my list of Apps which i have install and ready to use.
    Ah, okay. That is strange. Can you please submit a ticket? https://support.oculus.com/
  • hfLUBUhfLUBU Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    KingWayz said:
    I am not 14, i know the Games are still in Libery after uninstall. Problem here is that i cant uninstall the App (Amaze VR), and the Logo is in my Install List with status still WILL UNINSTALL, but the Uninstall not finish, mit important how long i wait the Bar is fix on 0%. Help me, i want this Logo Out of my list of Apps which i have install and ready to use.
    Exactly same  problem I have. Even days later, after I have connected my Go to the pc and deleted the app files, it still shows"will be uninstalled" ... very strange.
  • eaenniseaennis Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have not purchased the Oculus Go yet, however, I'm purchasing a set for my business. I have a specific app that I'm going to download that I want to be the only app used on the headsets. Is there any way to ensure that it is the only app on the headset except the app store? So that when it's not connected to the internet and cannot download anything off the app store they are the only two applications on it?