cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use an Ipad pro with the Oculus App downloaded for set up or does it have to be a I Phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The ads say you need an I Phone with IOS 10 to set up you Oculus GO, I have an I pad with IOS 11 and am able to download the Oculus app- I have it on there now, Can I use that to set up my pro, or will set up only work on an IPhone...it seems like it should work on both, but want to make sure before I buy:)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

gmadrigal
Explorer
It should. In the App Store it states “Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.”
When searching for the app on iPad make sure you select the iPhone apps only filter so that the app shows up. 

View solution in original post

edmg
Trustee
I installed the Oculus app on my iPad AIr 2 and it worked fine for setting up the Go. It is a phone app, but that doesn't mean it won't run on an iPad.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

gmadrigal
Explorer
It should. In the App Store it states “Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.”
When searching for the app on iPad make sure you select the iPhone apps only filter so that the app shows up. 

edmg
Trustee
I installed the Oculus app on my iPad AIr 2 and it worked fine for setting up the Go. It is a phone app, but that doesn't mean it won't run on an iPad.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just bought a used 2017 iPad from Amazon to use with my other Go and it tells me 
“Failed to connect to Oculus Servers” but shows my Go under my account info 
 using the Oculus iPhone app on it. I have Bluetooth turned on, iOS 11 updated, and I’m logged into my account for that Go.

Any ideas?

***Update***

OK I answered my own question. I was able to get it to work after I totally turned off the iPad after installing the Oculus app and turning on the iPad again. Now it was able to connect to the servers.  Just in case anybody else was having issues this is how I fixed it. Thanks!

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're only officially supporting iOS and Android phones. Some newer tablets may work, and people can still download the app and try. However, we found some older tablets didn't work well so that is why we don't recommend it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV