Nvidia Surround with Rift as an accessory display — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Nvidia Surround with Rift as an accessory display

RajveerRajveer Posts: 73
Hiro Protagonist
edited April 2013 in Support
I have an SLI with triple monitor setup (using Surround mode) and am looking to use the Rift as an accessory display. This would allow me to keep 3 monitors for development and normal gaming, and the Rift for Rift-specific stuff. From what I can tell, an accessory display is just another display, second to the single "triple monitor" setup. In Windows, it appears as a second monitor with the name "Rift DK" just as when using a single monitor with a Rift. With my own project running in window mode, moving the application between the triple monitor screen and the accessory display results in no loss of performance with full SLI.

However when running the Oculus World Demo, it says that there is no HMD or sensor detected, and pressing F9 fullscreens the application onto the triple monitor. From what I can tell it should find the EDID information fine, so has anybody else got this problem? I'll take a look with code later, but thought I'd just check with the community first before I waste any time.

EDIT: Sorry thought this was in General Discussion, although it may be an issue? If a mod wants to move it go ahead.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Is your Rift working without the surround display setup?

For example, if you disable surround, do the C++ demos work normally?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • RajveerRajveer Posts: 73
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yep, setting it up so that only 2 monitors (1 as 1 of the triple, and 1 as the Rift) are enabled works fine (in either extended or clone mode), so the Rift is reporting correctly. This is with the latest Nvidia drivers btw (314.22). Actually this could be a driver problem, maybe it's passing it's own details on to Windows?

EDIT: Ok I played around with it a bit more and got it to work, not sure exactly what I did. Tried turning off SLI, setting 4 monitors on their own e.t.c but I went back to the original settings and now I have Surround on the 3 main screens and the Rift as a second screen, sensor data is found, pressing F9 fullscreens the demo to the Rift. Awesome!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Great you got this working. There always seem to be "gotchas" like this with multi-monitor setups (especially combined with multi-GPU setups), but its great to know it can work.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV