cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Onward players: Rockband converters are Godsend!

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
Notice that I used plural in the title? That's because I have two sets of Touch controllers, each came with a Rockband converter. 

Until yesterday, they have been sleeping in their respective boxes, not fulfilling their purposes in life. I don't have a xbox or ps4 guitar, nor do I have any intention of buying one in the foreseeable future. 

Then I had an idea. 

qz7iphkbso2q.jpg

ppeqoso51pmf.jpg

The barrel is a piece of cable raceway.

Two holes were drilled (using red-hot needles) through each of the converter, in order to insert the cable ties.

Advantages of rockband converter (in onward):
   Just enough resistance to keep touch steady in position
   Not too much resistance, so it's easy to take the controller out for medical treatment or reloading
   Light weight

Have yet to try other realistic shooters, so can't comment.

The edges of the converters are a little sharp, hurt my hands if held for too long in one go. So I had to stick some soft material on top.

The Rockband converter can be bought from Oculus.com for USD9 a piece, if you are interested.
3 REPLIES 3

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
An improved version with supporting hand in front higher. Now I can aim at a more natural angle.

6biy1twkthf2.jpg

danknugz
Superstar
i never felt the need for a stock, sometimes my aim will be off cause i get lazy and dont think about lining up my hands, so i end up looking through the scope at an angle which distorts where the bullet will actually go. but if i just remember, its fine. 

also id rather not have to go through any extra motion of detaching/reattaching after reloading, checking the map, radio etc because in certain situations it can literally be milliseconds between lfe and death
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer

danknugz said:

i never felt the need for a stock, sometimes my aim will be off cause i get lazy and dont think about lining up my hands, so i end up looking through the scope at an angle which distorts where the bullet will actually go. but if i just remember, its fine. 

also id rather not have to go through any extra motion of detaching/reattaching after reloading, checking the map, radio etc because in certain situations it can literally be milliseconds between lfe and death

You definitely have a point. I have lost a few lives due to the complication introduced by the stock. But I have found a way to reduce the trouble to a minimum.

zpvg5g4j3qxv.jpg

The light weight hanging below prevents the controller from being taken out completely, yet gives enough freedom to perform all the tasks. Afterwards, the weight directs the controller back into the Rockband converter, so that I don't need to rely on peeking through the nose gap, which was the reason I got killed previously.

The only downside is that, with all the bells and whistles, I look damn silly holding them in my hands... So I usually lock the door when playing.