New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Viewing Ricoh Theta pics in the GO headset?

mattborkinmattborkin Posts: 112
Hiro Protagonist
Hey, All...

I have done this with GearVR and Daydream, but I'm not sure if it's an option with the new GO headset.

I don't need to use the camera or take pictures with the go headset, I simply want to view the pictures that I took with the Ricoh Theta on my go headset. That way I can take the 360 pictures, upload them to the headset, and then put them on and view them through the Ricoh Theta app whenever I'd like.

Is that possible? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    There is a Theta app for the Go. I haven't used it yet, but I imagine it can play pictures and 360 movies shot by Theta.
  • mattborkinmattborkin Posts: 112
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks!

I also read in the review that the Oculus go set can read various formats of 360 photos natively. You can simply drive them over to the headset and they will display properly. Can anyone confirm this? That would be amazing!
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    I know that 360 on both Facebook and Youtube will display on it properly, so even if you don't put it directly on the headset, you can view it. I found a screen that had all the different viewing options. It looked as if it can play just about any format.
  • jcasmanjcasman Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    What model THETA do you have? If it's a THETA V, you can install a plug-in that allows you to view images in Oculus Go directly from your THETA. All images in your THETA storage are available through Oculus Gallery. More info here: https://community.theta360.guide/t/connect-oculus-go-and-vlc-directly-to-theta-with-wi-fi/4053?u=jcasman