New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

oculus go can't find my wifi network

PeterPaccoPeterPacco Posts: 1
NerveGear
I just bought an oculus go and when i try to configure the wifi network i can't find my wifi in the list, my cellphone and my pc are connected to thad wifi, but my oculus can't find it, even if i come closer to my router

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    What kind of wifi are you using on your network (g, n, etc.)? And special security settings?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • valeria.querinivaleria.querini Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm experiencing the same issue Peter is having. The wifi network is discoverable and can be seen from any other device.
    Please submit a support ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Artri00Artri00 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having tge same problem. I tried other ways to connection but it seems my wifi don't exist. Why is this happening, all of my other devices are connected fine and no problem. 
  • mcpherson22mcpherson22 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    it's happening because the go is a half-assed product that has tons of issues so far.
  • trevor.ashman.503trevor.ashman.503 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem with my Oculus Go, it picks up heaps of different Wi-Fi apart from mine so I wonder if it will work if I decide to buy a new router? I have had it for quite awhile so I may buy one anyway. It's also good that the setup app works on my android Tablet as I don't have a phone .
    Please contact us. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
  • trevor.ashman.503trevor.ashman.503 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    OK, I have contacted support  :)
  • oLEq00oLEq00 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I have same issue. It works can see 15 different network in my builing, including a hotspot from my mobile phone. But not the WiFi form my router.
  • G0-DVLG0-DVL Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    oLEq00 said:
    I have same issue. It works can see 15 different network in my builing, including a hotspot from my mobile phone. But not the WiFi form my router.
    Same here. I'm using my phone to get the internet. Strange thing is that the Oculus GO can detect the "free wifi hotspot" from my router (a "freebox") but it can not detect the normal wifi
    edited May 2018
    Are you sure there are no strange security settings on the network?
  • weightlessdevweightlessdev Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi guys I just got my Oculus Go and I was having the same issue at the initial setup, I solved it by going into my router settings and I noticed my router has some firewall settings, also this router has a firewall bypass option that you ca set per device so I put my cellphone in the list, saved and it worked! Hopefully this helps.
  • FuelNewmediaFuelNewmedia Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same hassle here. What worked for me:

1) Changed my 16 chars long wifi password to a short one (8 chars)

2) Changed my router's radio channel from 13 to 2

Good luck!
  • InfortunateInfortunate Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks to FuelNewmedia's answer, I checked and the Quest can't detect wifi on the 13th channel. So if your Wifi is missing, go check in your router settings and make sure the wifi isn't on channel 13 or selected automatically.
  • Taylor100Taylor100 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    im having this same issue with the quest. :( wont even pick up my network like it doesnt exist but my phone and laptop ect all work. 
  • razalomrazalom Posts: 138
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 20
    Just had the same issue on my Quest. Was fine last week but was now having this issue. Have not changed any Router settings in months. But changed from Channel from Auto to 2 and it now works. Why would this have suddenly changed Oculus?