cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought my Occulus Rift + Touch Bundle today....But HDMI error?

Solomon_Kane
Sightseer
I bought my Occulus Rift + Touch Bundle and I was soo excited to actually get to play VR for the first time! Everyone was going well, setup was running smooth yet as I had everything plugged in I came across this HDMI  Headset not connected. I unplugged the HDMI from the Headset and plugged it back in and updated drivers. I also did the Steam VR test a LONG time prior to buying and it said my Laptop was able to run VR. I have this 1050 ti Laptop ( https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-Gaming-GeForce-VX5-591G-75RM/dp/B01N12YZ7B ) and I heard other people were able to make it work and were able to establish a connection to the Headset, Perhaps I need some adapter? Anyone have answers? :smile:

3 REPLIES 3

bonarhya
Explorer
This may or may not help, but I get this problem a lot with my pc gaming machine.  Most of the time I have found that rebooting the pc and unplugging and repluggin the hdmi cable whilst off works, but sometimes it is because the cable has actually started to become unplugged in the headset itself.  I just hold the headset and give the cable a little push and it normally starts working again.  Worth a try.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Laptops are notoriously bad with VR in general but you will want to check if the GTX 1050 ti is being used or if it is defaulting to the completely incompatible Intel HD-whatever graphics. I recommend disabling the Intel graphics entirely in either the BIOS or in device manager. Check youtube for a video on how to do that.

Solomon_Kane
Sightseer

bonarhya said:

This may or may not help, but I get this problem a lot with my pc gaming machine.  Most of the time I have found that rebooting the pc and unplugging and repluggin the hdmi cable whilst off works, but sometimes it is because the cable has actually started to become unplugged in the headset itself.  I just hold the headset and give the cable a little push and it normally starts working again.  Worth a try.

That was actually the first thing I did, It however did not work. Thank you for responding though. ::smile: