Rift Headphones Left Side going in and out — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift Headphones Left Side going in and out

NordicForgeNordicForge Posts: 3
NerveGear
I am not sure if anyone else has had or been having headphone issues, but my left side headphone is going in and out of sound. I can flick it up twice to get it to come back some times, not hard but a soft flick. Not sure how to get to tech support to find out if its something that needs to be sent in for repair or not. Only had it for 5 months and it doesn't get a lot of daily use. Maybe couple times a week. 
Tagged:

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,721 Volunteer Moderator
    Hello! Sounds like this needs to be investigated by the Oculus tech team, please submit a  support ticket here:

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 202
    Nexus 6
    Search the  forum there are a lot of responses for this very common issue.

First thing I would try is use the supplied screw driver to remove the ear piece (1 screw) and clean the copper contacts, mine has occurred a few times last time I cleaned with an ear bud and mentholated spirits and have had zero issues since. 

Some times it is just the screw has worked loose and tightening the screw fixes it.
  • NordicForgeNordicForge Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thank you both for your help guys. I will look into that geebee or put in a ticket.
  • NordicForgeNordicForge Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Tightening up the screw worked! HUZZAH! Thanks Gee