Can Oculus Go support apps created through KRpano or Panotour Pro? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can Oculus Go support apps created through KRpano or Panotour Pro?

Finz23Finz23 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Can Oculus Go support apps created through KRpano or Panotour Pro?

Answers

• Panoramic-ImagingPanoramic-Imaging Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Looking for a similar answer, but coming up short at the moment...  We have some web pages coded up using KRPano and WebVR, great results on a smartphone and in the Rift, but can't see a way to get them to run on the Go.  The built in browser seems pretty basic...
    We develop WebVR 360° projects that use the Rift and now the Go.
  • Panoramic-ImagingPanoramic-Imaging Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    It does work...  The KRPano samples work fine, it has to be the latest version of the viewer, so 1.19pr16.  And after updating, we have our 360 content working too. So that should mean the PTP projects will work, it the viewer is updated. https://krpano.com/krpanocloud/webvr/?v=119pr15 (pr16 is a bug fix to this...) 
    We develop WebVR 360° projects that use the Rift and now the Go.
  • Finz23Finz23 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thank you for the information. So how do I go about viewing it on the oculus? Can I drag the packaged files onto the device for local viewing? Or can it only work by uploading the project to a hosted page and visiting that page on the Go's web browser?
  • wegerbauerwegerbauer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    following... 
    the main problem is the quality of the oculus go webbrowser, a lot of shimmer and low resolution. if i load my panos on the storage and view it with the oculus or samsung vr viewer it looks awesome.