New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How to take screenshots or even videos in Go VR?

BarryJIBarryJI Posts: 5
NerveGear
Is this possible?  I know photos and videos can theoretically be shared via Facebook but how do I take screen-captures (either video or still) from inside a Go VR app?  There is a photo/video section in the main menu but I cannot find any documentation concerning how to use it. Many thanks. 

Comments

• burning.airlinesburning.airlines Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    Click the Oculus button briefly.  That brings up the home screen.  On the bottom bar, click "Sharing" tab.  There are buttons on that for recording video or taking a screen shot.
  • BarryJIBarryJI Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Thank you. But how does that take a screenshot of the app I just left in order to get to the Main Menu>Sharing screen?  I must be missing something very simple so thanks for your patience. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    After you click the button, you have 5 seconds and can return to the app before the picture is taken.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • BarryJIBarryJI Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Thank you!
  • CowboyRogCowboyRog Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    This info helps me also....
    Thanks
    Why is there not some sort of manual etc online or in the GO itself that explains items like this. 
    RC
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    There are some articles here, but it doesn't look like the screenshot feature is documented.
    https://support.oculus.com/go/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • rohrloudrohrloud Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    The screenshot feature isn't even documented with their support staff.  I contacted Oculus support and I was asked to use my phone's camera to take a picture of what I was seeing in my headset.
  • vr_marcovr_marco Posts: 39 Oculus Start Member
    I found out it is possible to take a movie of an application under development by launching it, then pausing it with a quick click on the Oculus button. Once back to the home, it is possible to start recording a movie then resume the application. A red dot inside the application shows which part of it is being recorded.
  • UBSERDUBSERD Posts: 349
    Nexus 6
    To stream you need a Facebook account. I wish this was not the case but what are you gonna do.