New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Considering media is apparently the primary push for the Go rather than games, or at least I heard. Some way to download Netflix movies so you can actually watch them 'one the go' would go a long way to achieving that. It seems bizarre to me that one of the pushed use scenarios is to watch movies while travelling in your own private cinema, but you cannot download them to the device to watch them in the first place.

What use is a travel mode in the Netflix app, if you cannot use Netflix while travelling due to the lack of a internet connection or ability to store movies locally?
    I second this suggestion, although Oculus didn't develop the Netflix app, it's up to Netflix.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    edited May 2018
    Netflix can't do downloads because of their contract with the studios. An expanded movie download pay on demand store would work though.

However you could get a mobile hot spot and carry that with you. They're a bit pricey though.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Netflix can't do downloads because of their contract with the studios. An expanded movie download pay on demand store would work though.

However you could get a mobile hot spot and carry that with you. They're a bit pricey though.
    Windows, and Phone/Tablet Netflix apps have an offline feature for Netflix shows ... 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • tksharplesstksharpless Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited May 2018
    Do something to reduce severe motion aliasing "shimmer" in Oculus Browser's VR mode.
  • truefivetruefive Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I have Drop Dead on Rift but it is not available to me on the Go. It shouldn't matter if the game had to be changed according to the platform, I still payed for that game and should have access to it on both platforms. Will this happen again when Santa Cruz is released?

Help?
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    Using go explore, put the full name of an item in it's icon window. Make the area for title text bigger if necessary.
    You are forbidden to cut off the text because it doesn't fit.  You fu ...
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 222
    Nexus 6
    We need a CA removal option, I realise it will eat power but if you are using the internet browser for a short time, removing CA would be a great option, just put a big warning on the option that it will lower battery duration whilst on.
  • ggutshalggutshal Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    How about a login screen to prevent unauthorized access.  That way people can't buy things on my card.  A file manager & a way to reset programs to their initial installed state would be good.
    Nexus 6
    Unless they have your PIN they can't buy anyway as it is required to complete purchase, there is also a pattern lock option under the HMD settings in advanced on the phone app.
  • joseph.reichardtjoseph.reichardt Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    It would be nice if oculus had their own online video library similar to YouTube. This would allow people to post online 360 videos for the community to enjoy. I do 3-D animation with iClone and I found it is capable of generating 360 video. I have tried the video on my Oculus Go by downloading via the cable. It works fine. It also might be useful for people who should 360 video and would like to share it with their friends on oculus. It would also be kinda cool if it was possible to use a panoramic image as a room design in oculus rooms. It would also be cool if you play a 360 video in oculus rooms.
    NerveGear
    geebee666 said:
    Unless they have your PIN they can't buy anyway as it is required to complete purchase, there is also a pattern lock option under the HMD settings in advanced on the phone app.
    You say "phone app" as if I should know whereof you speak!
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 130
    Art3mis
    edited May 2018
    ggutshal said:
    geebee666 said:
    I believe that he is referring to the Oculus phone or tablet app that is used in the initial setup of the your Go. During the setup you are allowed to provide a payment method for making purchases although you can skip this step. During the setup process you are asked to provide a pin number to use for validation when you make purchases. I am speculating about this because I skipped this step and haven't provided a payment method yet myself.
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
    Nexus 6
    ggutshal said:
    geebee666 said:
    The Oculus Go app you installed to initially activate your Go :)
    NerveGear
    geebee666 said:
    ggutshal said:
    geebee666 said:
    The Oculus Go app you installed to initially activate your Go :)
    OH *that* phone app.  I was thoroughly in the zone of thinking that the Go was pretty much, just a phone & thought there was a phone app that could be loaded on the go to give more low-level functionality.  I'd still like a password to lock the headset & not just purchases...
  • SmallCardinalSmallCardinal Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I think it would be cool if they sold a hard strap for it. It would help with the comfortability.
  • truefivetruefive Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I have Drop Dead on Rift but it is not available to me on the Go. It shouldn't matter if the game had to be changed according to the platform, I still payed for that game and should have access to it on both platforms. Will this happen again when Santa Cruz is released?

Help?
    Up!
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    I didn't realize that my login name was public. I thought everything used the nickname. But Bigscreen uses my login name. So I changed it on the site. Bigscreen still uses my old user name. That should propagate, but it isn't. If I delete Bigscreen and reinstall it will it use my current username?
  • sukhjeetssukhjeets Posts: 11
    NerveGear

Windows, and Phone/Tablet Netflix apps have an offline feature for Netflix shows ... 
    So does the Netflix iOS app. I asked Netflix, but the the support team seems to be unaware of Oculus Go! 
  • Willard007Willard007 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    In Oculus Rooms, it would be nice if we could upload our own patterns for the floors, walls, furniture and sky.  It would be nice if we had presets for the music stations and if the last one you played would come on when you relaunch the app.  It would be nice if, in addition to the logo for the music station on the wall, it would also show the current/next song to be played.

i was really hoping I could share a movie with a guest at my home.  One of us could wear the Rift and the other one wear the Go.  Have not tried it yet, but it seems like I would need to be able to add myself as a friend in order to accomplish this feat.

The hair on my avatar in the mirror when I first open Rooms seems to be messed up.

it seems like there needs to be more stuff to do in the settings room than just change settings.

It would be nice if there was a “new” category for apps on the Go like there is on the Rift.
  • FailrunnerFailrunner Posts: 187
    Art3mis
    I would like a blue light filter for night time. 
  • flashpirateflashpirate Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I want to know which apps have permission to wake the device and whether they're doing it.
  • flashpirateflashpirate Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    How about knowing how much free space I have? Or what apps are using my space? How the heck did this not get included when they are literally selling two models that differentiate on this?
  • SyntheticSynthetic Posts: 704
    Trinity
    disabling of the "miraculous" power drain,

I was at 70% battery... put it down for the night..... then when I got up in the morning I hit 20% in 2 min.
    So like others have pointed out it seems to be turning on?

Wifi dropping out until it reconnects when it turns on is another issue that I have seen.

<3 the Go tho, way cool device. Amazed by it.
  • FutureTronFutureTron Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    - Voice-to-text wherever there’s a text input field. Hunting and pecking isn’t fun. 
    - Movies Anywhere/Vudu/et al apps to be able to stream my movies that are currently isolated by DRM. I know that’s up to Movies Anywhere/Vudu devs, but Oculus can reach out and get them going on. And Oculus probably is doing that. Plex is a good workaround for now, but I’d love Movies Anywhere/Vudu even more. I reached out to those companies already. 
    - More clarity on how to clean the faceplate. Perhaps some how-to videos. Seeing many YoutTubers saying you can machine wash it, but I’m skeptical of this. Even on a cold, gentle cycle with air drying it, it may not be a good idea. 
    - How to videos for noobs on a proper and comfortable fit. 
  • SpeedVR2SpeedVR2 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Removing the 4K video size playback limitation would be good for 360 videos. 5K or 6K playback is essential and hardware can support it.
  • DoctorFateDoctorFate Posts: 168
    Art3mis
    I know this isn't Oculus' choice, but I would VERY much like a Vudu app and I have a huge library I was looking forward to watching and so far, haven't been able to tap into it.  I never had a problem on the rift since I could use my browser but the browser isn't supported on the Go for Vudu now.