New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

Comments

• declantmdeclantm Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I would like to be able to save a copy of a photo from my smartphone to the Oculus Go when I'm viewing them
  • CarlosSanchez1CarlosSanchez1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Early wish list for Oculus Go!

Being able to use the USB port to plug in a mini USB disk (for more disk space) - I heard this is actually coming later on, so big thumbs up!

Occulus add on for extra battery life (lightweight) delivered via the USB port

Having a "Find my Oculus" in the online account or phone app in case it is stolen
    - maybe tie the internal serial number to your account, so no matter where the Go or Rift is, once it finds wifi / internet access it reports back the location if you request it. No need to "lock it down with a password", as that would be counter-productive (ie. it wouldn't get used, they would never try to use it, try to find wifi access nor re-charge it)
    - a remote "lock my device" with a password, in case you don't want anyone logging into the browser / facebook you left open back  at home
    *both options accessible from the web page through your account

Being able to use the Touch and Gamepad controllers
    -I know the sensors and the Oculus Touch controllers can't see the Go, as it is a stand alone product... but... maybe... you could have the Oculus App in your PC process the data from the Oculus Touch movements / buttons and / or game pad and just transfer that processed information to the Oculus Go headset via wifi (instead of to the Rift through the HDMI cable). Just an idea... I don't see why it wouldn't work at least for the game pad, as it has no tracking data relative to the position you are looking at.

Two Bluetooth chips in the Oculus Go (to be able to pair two controllers, one for each hand). I guess it could be done now pairing one via wifi and the other via Bluetooth.

A small internal fan to circulate cool air from the outside into the face

Small camera to view through the Oculus Go (or Rift) to pick up things. Turn the camera On/Off on /w a physical button.

An actual Turn On / Turn Off button that works for the Oculus Go (ie. not a Sleep now, turn 13059813058 times during the night because a mosquito flew by the sensor)

View your Phone inside the Oculus Go just like another regular browser window (there is a lot of real state space in there to put multiple open windows / apps at the same time in the dash). That way you can see how texts / email / calls you, and you can answer it (either by using a virtual keyboard with the controller, or speaking if it is a call (it has a Mic & speakers, so it shouldn't be that hard to treat the whole Oculus Go as a giant Bluetooth earplug)

Seriously, just having the new Oculus Go makes me want to have an upgraded Rift. Let us buy an upgraded rift with all the new lenses / visuals and wifi

• voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 130
    Art3mis
    I know this is retro but I would like it to support a wired Ethernet dongle. Just saying, I have my reasons.
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
  • tucker.richardson.3tucker.richardson.3 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Would really like bluetooth keyboard support and the "Dash" features. 
  • wreckertikewreckertike Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Disabling the Enter VR screen. This is a huge killer for a lot of developers that are doing activations/events. A user should be able to carry on seeing what was on device without having to press controller (or volume on dev mode)
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,095 Valuable Player
    There are multiple possible battery options where you can get up to 14 hours extra life on the go. 
  • desivdesiv Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    The more apps I load on this guy, the more I would appreciate better local app management.
    At least, I'd like to be able to remove apps I have added so they don't clog up my "Not Installed" if I don't want them.  There have been a few things I have tried that I know I won't ever reload, so I'd like to just totally remove them.
    Beyond that, some type of folders in "Not installed" so I could group them.  Then I could create a "Don't want" folder for that I know I won't want, but I could also create some other folders so maybe I could group them by style or quality???
    I can see, if I get to a point where I have pages and pages of possible apps, that it might get difficult.  ;-)
  • StayPuft83StayPuft83 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    Unfortunately with how long this thread has already become I wasn't able to read the whole thing. So, I will bet this has probably been mentioned, but I didn't see it in what I scanned.

However, two very simple requests I have:

1) The ability to easily review how much space is left. The more apps I download the more I worry I'm going to reach my size limit, but at least as far as I have found so far there is no way to see how much space I have used/have left. Haven't found it in the phone app or within the Oculus Go itself.

2) The phone app should have a way to save apps/games/etc. that you don't want to download or purchase NOW but want to remember for later. You can do this in some screens within the Go itself. You find an app you like but you don't want to download it YET because you aren't going to use it yet. But you do want to remember it for later. Just click that little flag in the corner and it is added to your "saved" apps. However, when looking at apps on the Oculus app on the phone there does not seem to be any way to do this.
    Art3mis
    1) The ability to easily review how much space is left. The more apps I download the more I worry I'm going to reach my size limit, but at least as far as I have found so far there is no way to see how much space I have used/have left. Haven't found it in the phone app or within the Oculus Go itself.
    Agree with your choices.
    Short term, there are 2 ways to see space left.
    One if to hook it to your PC via USB (and then you have to put the Go on and select to accept).
    The other is to install the Jurassic Park Apatosaurus demo.
    You don't have to download the data for the demo.  Just download the app and launch it and it will tell you how much space you have left.
    I leave that app on my phone (without downloading the extra 500+megabytes to actually run the demo; although it is a good demo if you want to) and launch it from time to time to check my free space. ;-)
    Brain Burst
    I LOVE the apatosaurus app! I never noticed it lists your space remaining. Thank you for that! I will have to go check that out when I put my Go on tonight. I forgot you can connect it to your computer for file management, though. That definitely is another way to review. Just wish there was better file management within the Go itself. But, that's something at least. Thank you.
    Brain Burst
    Oh! Thought of another one by the way:

- Please bring the "Oculus Dream Deck" that was available on the Oculus Rift onto the Go. I LOVED that app. I also would love it if they added more experiences to it. Since I have a Rift I can still use it, but it would be nice to be able to use it on the Oculus Go as well. It was definitely one of the best looking VR apps.
    Art3mis
    I LOVE the apatosaurus app! I never noticed it lists your space remaining. Thank you for that! I will have to go check that out when I put my Go on tonight.
    I can't remember if it lists the space remaining once you download the data??  I know it showed it when I first installed it.
    But I had removed it after i used it a few times.  Then when I realized it was the only easy way to see space, I reinstalled it, but haven't downloaded the data.
    It is on the main screen at the very bottom,
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,776 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    sukhjeets said:
    TopTex said:

Just pair it with your mobile phone and use the memory card in that. It is super easy. I watched a video straight off my phone yesterday.
    Can you pl explain how you watched a video off your phone? Yes I would like to know as well.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • jkmcollins93jkmcollins93 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Something that could be changed is that when you go into the gallery to view any pics or vids you have on the device, it goes straight to the all tab instead of the separate folders forcing the device to have to load everything. I think it would be more efficient to have it load the folders first then go into the section you want to view. The way it is now if you have a thousand pics on there and you just want to view the one vid you have then you need to wait for the pics to load then jump to the folders tab and into the vid. If it opened on the folders tab though it just needs to load the two folders then you jump into what you want.
  • FutureTronFutureTron Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Oculus Video should partner with Movies Anywhere, thus enabling us to link to our movie libraries. 
    Brain Burst
    Another simple one... but I'd like options for changing your Oculus profile pic from the phone app, the Oculus web site, and from within the Go itself. I've checked all three of those and cannot seem to find anywhere to change it. Here I'm not talking about your avatar (the person you can make look relatively like you that other people see in social apps).

I'm talking about the profile pic. I guess you must have been able to change it from within the Oculus Rift (or maybe the PC app), but I have been having issues with the gaming PC I originally bought for the Rift and haven't been able to figure that out so far. Luckily I happen to like the profile pic I used in it just fine... it's just I wanted to change it to a new pic.

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,776 Valuable Player
    sukhjeets said:
    TopTex said:

Just pair it with your mobile phone and use the memory card in that. It is super easy. I watched a video straight off my phone yesterday.
    Can you pl explain how you watched a video off your phone? Yes I would like to know as well.
    Is this possible using Plex media server?

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    Art3mis
    I've used my Plex server for in home streaming using Pigasus (DLNA).  I haven't used it for external tho.  My Plex isn't setup for external access, so not sure if that works.
  • sukhjeetssukhjeets Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Suggestion for Oculus app  (I have the iPhone app) - ability to connect to only known Wifi networks. Right now it connects to any available Wifi network that does not need a password.
  • FailrunnerFailrunner Posts: 187
    Art3mis
    I would like voice typing. So this way when I wanna type this comment in vr I don't cramp up my hand with the virtual keyboard.
  • axluaxlu Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Feature request: I'd like it to be possible to share screenshots elsewhere than Facebook. I want to be able to easily grab those screenshots and post whereever I want...
    Thanks!
  • wlkconsultingwlkconsulting Posts: 2
    NerveGear

Regarding the Oculus Go. Does the cell phone or wifi need to be on while the Go is in use? Or is it just for the initialization?

Is it possible to have 6 to 8 Go devices and sync them to 1 phone ? Can I run all 6 to 8 units in the same vicinity at the same time?

Also would this mean Ill have 6 to 8 different accounts to manage on this 1 phone with log in’s and all? If so, this is fine as long as I can do what’s needed.

I basically want to run 6 to 8 Go units at a party but want to manage each one from 1 phone if this possible. I just hope that my wifi is not required to run for all 6 to 8 units the entire time. 

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,463
    Project 2501
    I would like the reset view option to allow smaller increments for better view angle fine tuning.  Right now the smallest I can tip it up is ~30deg, which a bit too much.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

Art3mis
    I noticed this just this weekend when viewing some youtube vids...
    I've mentioned that I think the default brightness should be lower, but I would like the brightness to go even lower than it goes now. 
    I have my brightness turned all the way down currently, and some bright vids appear too bright still. 
  • OsoroshiiOsoroshii Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    it's been mentioned before, adding a second remote. Think of it as the Wii Nunchuck Controller. This would add an analog stick for free movement and a second trigger button for more in-game options. The direction you look would replace the second analog stick needed in first-person shooters. The Oculus Go Nunchuck would then be used to move forward backward strafe left or right. 
  • sadboiclubsadboiclub Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    VR Game Idea “SPRAY”:
    Graffiti Artist on time limit to spray in pattern before police show up with as much accuracy as possible (3 Star point rewards)

Also, include free spray mode to design your own!

;)

• mikeyreds12mikeyreds12 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    This device is ideally suited to watch 3D movies and yet there is no official store where movies can be bought for download. Oculus Videos would be the obvious place.  Netflix would be better if you could download and there were a few more viewing options (cinemas etc.)   
  • EdigsEdigs Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Since GO has no hardware IPD adjustment, I think it should allow us to change software based IPD settings (the way WMR and Rift DK1/DK2 were doing it.

Also, seeing Oculus is selling  GO accessories now, I wouldn't mind PSVR/WMR like strap design. It's by far the most comfortable to wear for longer periods of time.
  • flibberflopsflibberflops Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    My Wish list

Fix the power button (The current long hold is a bit rubbish)
    Enter VR  (Give option to turn off message)
    Sort out the trackpad scroll (I cannot scroll at all with my leathery thumb... I have to use finger from other hand!)
    Give option to increase realestate size of library and store (there is loads of spare screen and scrolling is rubish)
    Turn off menu sounds (for the love of god give us the option)
    Browser Zoom (I want it closer to my face)
    Set orientation (You should be able to do anything lying down)
    Battery waring (give option to turn off warnings until critical)