New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

Comments

• DuffsDeviceDuffsDevice Posts: 2
    NerveGear

I would like to be able to access the camera roll without internet. One of my  primary GO uses is to view 360 degree photos I take while travelling (Samsung Gear 360), and I often do not have internet.

Currently you cannot launch the Oculus app (required to access camera roll) without an internet connection. It wants to "start fresh" in this case. If there could be an option to allow non-store functions (like accessing camera roll, and possibly device settings) when there is no internet connection, that would be very useful.

A bonus would be if the app could create a wifi hotspot for sharing the camera roll, as otherwise you would need a separate travel router to make a connection between the phone and the GO.

If this is too much to add to the existing app, a separate app for just this (share camera roll via wifi hotspot) would also solve the problem nicely.

I've tried 3rd party DLNA servers, but the GO does not see the photos as 360, displaying them as distorted 2D instead. You also cannot see previews which makes negotiating a large folder of photos difficult.

• Oliver2222Oliver2222 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited October 2018
    What they should include on the oculus go is how long you been useing the go like there is on Android 
  • rez.archerrez.archer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited October 2018
    Tap Strap support/ Bluetooth keyboard - mouse support, Spotify app or ability to play music in background, Whatsapp support. in short the advanced ability to use the platform as a productivity device not just a gaming device.  I only want to game so much before I need to get something done.  Love the browser.  Would like to have several loaded in 360 fashion.

I want to watch Netflix and pull up a phone app and make a call while still continue watching the movie.  I want to listen to music while looking through the Oculus store.  I want to multitask.

“All the speed he took, all the turns he'd taken and the corners he'd cut in Night City, and still he'd see the matrix in his sleep, bright lattices of logic unfolding across that colorless void...” 
    ― William Gibson, Neuromancer
  • MediaBaronMediaBaron Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Have a clock and battery meters on the underside of the Oculus Go controller in VR. That way we don’t have to pause/exit an app to see the information.

The Dropbox list of files doesn’t seem to be in any kind of order, just a scrolling album view of folders and files. Make it a normal detailed list and allow us to sort it via alpha/numeric, date, etc.

Allow us to indicate to the Oculus Go that the battery we’re using is. Rechargeable Lithium-Ion or non-rechargeable battery for proper percentages to show.
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 222
    Nexus 6
    Internet browser "open in new tab" please, I am sure its been requested before but thought I would give it a bump :)
  • MaullidoMaullido Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited October 2018
    Hellow,

When my controller runs of battery I would like to use the pointer on screen and device buttons as it happens when you need to turn off the device. It would be useful for navigating through the options without the need of the controller, for multimedia and else.
    NerveGear
    Here are another suggestions,

1. The intro when turning on the device can be more 3D, to give the effect to be entering a tunnel or something as it happens in Ready Player One.

2.  Instead of the home screen would be really really cool entering the oculus room instead.  The avatar can be part of the setup for new users and entering a new world would be more inmersive than a fixed screen and the home screen can still be there in a corner to access it.
    NerveGear
    Roaster said:
    Either improve the trackpad, or change it to a D-pad button arrangement.  The controller (the pud) is terrible.
    The controller needs to be attached to the headset when not in use so it doesn't get lost.
    Android-style app manager.
    Zoom the screen of the browser.
    3D backgrounds ffs. 2D looks totally lame.

Edit ... the browser does get bigger when I use YouTube full screen mode, pretty much fills the fov.
    Can one do the same thing with a generic web page?
    I like your idea of 3D backgrounds, I already suggested it for the intro to make it look like Ready Player One
    NerveGear
    desiv said:
    Now that I've had it for a few days, first thing I can think of is..
    I'm not enthralled by the Home Screen.
    Maybe just some customization, ability to PIN apps to it or something?
    I find myself powering it up and then going straight to the screen that shows my installed apps.
    I think I might like it best if there were a room in my Oculus Rooms that I could view/launch my apps from and have that be my Home Screen maybe???
    I agree, I totally second that, I suggested yesterday
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,093 Valuable Player
    Does anyone know if it's dangerous to use an external battery to make games and etc. last longer because of the lithium battery?
  • MzUniverseMzUniverse Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Please allow us to be able to message oculus friends. If I am in a app I have to come out and call a friend to get their attention. A message system would be great. Also quotes by our name would be great too. For example, I am busy or back in a hour etc. 
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 130
    Art3mis
    edited October 2018
    inovator said:
    Does anyone know if it's dangerous to use an external battery to make games and etc. last longer because of the lithium battery?
    This topic has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum. I'm surprised that your search didn't find numerous previous discussions. Briefly, Oculus doesn't recommend it, numerous users do it, if you choose to use an external battery with CPU intensive applications you may get warnings that indicate that the Go is over heating.

Also, this is off topic for this discussion. Please be more circumspect in the future.
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
  • StayPuft83StayPuft83 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    edited October 2018
    Have a clock and battery meters on the underside of the Oculus Go controller in VR. That way we don’t have to pause/exit an app to see the information.
    Ooo! I love that idea! That would be pretty helpful if they had a way to include that with any apps that are using an on screen controller anyway. For example, I watch Netflix from my Oculus Go all the time, and it has the Go Controller in the app. As it is currently, if I am curious of the time or my charge level, I have to pause what I am watching and go back to the home screen. I'd love it if I could just peek at the controller and get that info. :smile:
    The battery issue was not off topic. This is the oculus go suggestion thread. The numerous battery discussions were when the go 1st came out. I wanted opinions of people who have been using external batteries many months after it came out. 
  • voxelmaniamvoxelmaniam Posts: 130
    Art3mis
    edited October 2018
    inovator said:
    The battery issue was not off topic. This is the oculus go suggestion thread. The numerous battery discussions were when the go 1st came out. I wanted opinions of people who have been using external batteries many months after it came out. 
    Then you should have started a discussion with your question as the topic rather than having your question buried in a discussion about suggestions for changes or additions to the Oculus Go hardware or user interface. Or was that too much of an innovation for you. 8^D
    A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
    Murray Foster
    You are 100% in the wrong.
  • xmnkxmnk Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I'd love to see some sort of IPD adjustment added to the Oculus Gallery player. I have eyestrain problems with certain videos. Also, 72hz playback option for all videos would be real nice (i find 60fps videos play in 60hz mode on my Go). Additionally, a basic video/image manipulation option would be welcome (for changing contrast levels, saturation, various playback aspects etc)
  • SexulusSexulus Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    A browser which you can resize (like Firefox Reality) and also zoom the size of the content/fonts would be great. Of course it should have a concave and centered screen (unlike Firefox Reality). Bookmarks would be great and should be able to sync or at least to import from the most common browser or from an html-file. 
  • 8bitBiologist8bitBiologist Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hi! Just got the Go a couple of days ago. Some suggestions from my experiences;

Could you combine the Oculus Rooms and Oculus TV Apps into one?

In a future device, or maybe in this device, support a hand tracking module like the Leap Motion or uSens Fingo. Then integrate hand controls for the interface and apps. More importantly, make apps such as Messenger and maybe an email app available, since we could type much more easily.

VR Desktop app.

Thanks!!
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 666
    Neo
    edited November 2018
    The only suggestions I'd make...the ability to supersample to fix jagged edges in some apps, and to give the user the ability to either turn down or disable the boot chime that's triggered every time the device boots up. Even though I have headphones connected, the chime still plays through the default speakers...loudly. It would be kind of hard to be discrete on a plane or Greyhound, while others are trying to sleep.
    Neo
    Another suggestion...a volume balance, for people that have bad hearing in one ear. I set my pc's right channel 4 clicks more than the left, but I can't do that on the Go. I could get an adapter, but it would be easier to do it right in the device itself.
  • treyh127treyh127 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited November 2018
    I would love to see the Vudu app brought to Oculus app store. I have had a Vudu account for a long time and as a consequence, I have loads of fun movies on there that I would love to be able to watch on my Oculus Go without having to use the Bigscreen app and my computer.

-------

For those who asked how to use Alexa: I believe you are overthinking it, he isn't using Alexa through his VR headset, rather, he is using it while it is in the same room as him since Alexa is used via voice prompts you can ask Alexa to set a timer while you are using your headset.
  • pelle999pelle999 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    With the Go on my head it is not easy to find the pressure points of the power-  and volume control.buttons.
    On the next generation GO, please make elevated points on the buttons, easy to find using the finger tips.
  • lysnvglysnvg Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Solicito que añadan la opción de substítulos aunque sólo sean en inglés los que somos de otros países nos ayudaría a traducir y aprender mejor el inglés. Como lo tiene youtube en sus videos.
  • 8bitBiologist8bitBiologist Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I believe the Go will be the beginning of the breakout of VR. My suggestions for evolving it further;

The next generation has a built in hand tracking device such as the Leap Motion or uSens Fingo (which works on mobile devices). Once that is in place, and I can type natively in the environment, I would almost never have to take the device off. Of course, a more robust battery would be necessary (if you can make the battery easy to swap out with another it would further ease extended use)

Ability to use messenger in-world to make calls, face to face meetings, or simply text once that functionality is built in.

Have 3 options for Oculus Rooms - the personal space that is already in place (and is fantastic, btw), a space for students (virtual desktop with access to Google Docs or similar) as well as easily accessible educational apps, and a third space that is an office, also customized for such an use (remote desktop screen to drop in on your home computer).

Access to an online space with your music files, audio books, digital books, etc, to expand the Oculus Room experience to all your media consumption types.

A common area that you can visit with others, like a mall. This area would need to be a mixture of retail and entertainment space, as well as possibly services. The kids of things you could have, in collaboration with partners, are digital music and book stores, with storefronts, the ability to virtually check out and even drive cars from participating manufacturers, maybe the ability to watch a movie in more of a communal space, common areas to sit and talk and socialize, and places to go play VR games - all arranged in a more familiar mall type setting.

I have other ideas but these are some of the biggies. Again, great work team!
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 369
    Trinity
    Be able to buy games in Oculus store and get a code, so that we can gift to friends!!!
    Can't understand why this isn't possible.. . Would increase your sales Oculus!!.
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • nochopsnochops Posts: 21
    NerveGear
    What is the point of the Netflix and concert apps? You can't watch a full movie in one sitting because of the battery goes dead.  Can someone at Oculus explain how a user is supposed to work with those apps?  Also, is there a 4K setting that I can't find - or even HD?  Only animated videos appear to be in high definition - all "human" film looks like poorly focused standard definition.
    Neo
    nochops said:
    What is the point of the Netflix and concert apps? You can't watch a full movie in one sitting because of the battery goes dead.  Can someone at Oculus explain how a user is supposed to work with those apps?
    Some of us use a battery bank connected to the Go. An Anker PowerCore 20100mAh Battery Pack will last you ~14 hours. John Carmack himself says it would be fine while connected to a charging cable.

• jomur55jomur55 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi Guys, I would like too share videos with people who cannot put the headset on themselves. I need to be able to start a video, pause, and put on their head, and hit play...  How do you do that, so you can share this awesome experience...?
  • tompiem2tompiem2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    A kiosk mode so when I show people a 360 video or let them try out a simple app they don't have to mess with the controller!