New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

1234568»

Comments

• Oregon_DarrylOregon_Darryl Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    A REMOVABLE battery, and a SETTINGS option to turn OFF the face sensor, so we can download without babysitting the headset. Oh, and a folder to put files that are not in the SHARED space....
  • NekaFaeNekaFae Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Can we get a single oculus rift controller available for the go? I bought the go expecting games like beat saber and vrchat and didn’t realize the controller wouldn’t work for them, which made them unavailable to download. Can we have an option to buy rift controllers and connect them to the go instead of buying a completely new headset, like the santa cruz project?
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 823
    3Jane
    NekaFae said:
    Can we get a single oculus rift controller available for the go? I bought the go expecting games like beat saber and vrchat and didn’t realize the controller wouldn’t work for them, which made them unavailable to download. Can we have an option to buy rift controllers and connect them to the go instead of buying a completely new headset, like the santa cruz project?
    Some people have used the Nolo VR tracking system and controllers. Google 'Oculus Go Nolo'.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    NekaFae said:
    The Rift controllers operate using a combination of bluetooth and the external tracking sensors that require a PC, in it's current form the GO is basically just a screen with a gyroscope in it. There is no way for it to "see" the sensors.

Oculus QUEST which is set to launch this spring will be a Rift/GO hybrid, requiring no external sensors or a PC but will have touch controllers.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • jaydingusjaydingus Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited January 15
    An additional controller with an analog thumbstick and trigger. Could be an add-on purchase. Using an Xbox controller in combination with the Go controller for games such as Slightly Heroes feels cumbersome when the game only requires the analog stick from the Xbox controller.
  • TycoTechTycoTech Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited January 16
    treyh127 said:
    I would love to see the Vudu app brought to Oculus app store. I have had a Vudu account for a long time and as a consequence, I have loads of fun movies on there that I would love to be able to watch on my Oculus Go without having to use the Bigscreen app and my computer.

-------

For those who asked how to use Alexa: I believe you are overthinking it, he isn't using Alexa through his VR headset, rather, he is using it while it is in the same room as him since Alexa is used via voice prompts you can ask Alexa to set a timer while you are using your headset.

To watch your Vudu movies just create an account with moviesanywhere.com and register your Vudu account and Google account. It's super easy and free and then your movies will be available from Vudu in the YouTube vr app. Works with Vudu, iTunes  Amazon prime, Xfinity, etc... Here's a video on it
  • nat42nat42 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Frustrations I've noted in my short use of the Go -

Browser feels lacking - can't seem to copy/paste text from the keyboard, can't seem to hold or trigger a context menu on say a link to ask for it to be openned in a new tab. Video or viewing models in VR using WebGL feels like it chugs the hardware quite a bit.

Have to press on the free/buy/get/download/install button in the store multiple times, with waiting in between, before I can get the app to be in a playable state, if I do something else and forget it might be in my library but not installed, and there's no recently added sorting that might suggest I haven't gotten to it. I'd like an experience I click get or purchase on to at least go to a newly purchased queue or be tagged and brough to the top of my recent list.

Too few tiles in the Go library view, flicking back a couple of pages is a pain especially when the sort seems to change a moment after the page changes so you go to select what you want but it's not there a second later. Also need like a tooltip with details about some of the games because the titles/thumbnails for some of them aren't that memorable or representative of what I recall of playing them.

For the app (and I know others have said this) let me remove uninstalled titles (or hide them), especially free ones I've tried that mightn't have playable. Perhaps remove the check in the refund option that says I can't get a refund of $0 when I clicked "Get" on these.

Let me change/remove my avatar picture somehow!

Some kind of multi-account save system would also be welcomed, many (most?) apps seem to assume there is only one user. It'd be nice to be able to open an app in a guest mode or reboot the Go and say login as a 2nd user, same apps but different progress saved for each game.
  • BinokulusBinokulus Posts: 2
    NerveGear

A suggestion for the product team: it would be great to add an option to resize the screen of Oculus TV. Particularly for those watching live TV or movies in sideloaded apps. Current size is below SVGA.

• Nytmaer02Nytmaer02 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Does anyone remember Swype?  Why not utilize a similar feature for writing on the keyboard.  

Tactile bumps on the touch pad.

Access to Google Play services :wink:

The ability to use two Oculus Go controllers on a single headset.

Ability to create your home environment.

• ensjesseensjesse Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I know this sounds cheesy but I would like some basic productivity apps. A POP3/IMAP email client, pdf reader, doc reader (multi format), media player with background mp3 playing while in apps, phone/sms chat client/bridge, clock with timer, browser with multi tab support with full 360 viewing or multi window (that works), maps application and wikipedia with offline function. I wish we could just port the Gapps over and make them fit for the GO but I know that would be teeth pulling with Google. I like youtube vr but can not watch youtube TV. Oh and with that being said what is up with Sling and these TV apps? Why can I not just click up through channels and surf? Why does the guide require so many clicks and manipulations. Also we need void settings and new background options for the TV viewing room. Please keep up the great work. I want to be able to be like some kind of holoman at work and not take it off. It will annoy my co-workers even more but I can be banging out emails and maybe if we could pair with a keyboard and mouse? Oh that would be the future! The future I tell ya. 

• skeefiez11skeefiez11 Posts: 18
    NerveGear

Hi.  On Jan 25th I posted to various community boards (Oculus Go, Support, Apps and Games, etc) with absolutely no responses L

My original post:

Hi - I was not receiving any responses from the Apps and Games forum so I will ask here..  I just bought an Oculus  Go headset and I’m really having a good time but all I see on here as far as movies is Netflix, Hulu or Showtime. When will you guys start adding more entertainment apps like Vudu  or My Movies Anywhere, HBO, Amazon prime video etc.? Also is there any plans to add the MLB At Bat app or the NHL.com/NHL.tv app on the Oculus Go? I have subscriptions to both and use them currently on my iPhone, Roku and my Desktop PC to watch MLB and NHL games.  I find it very odd that neither app is available (actually no MLB or NHL app is present!) and find it a real pain to use a browser to log into nhl.com to try and access live games using my headset so have to still use my Roku to watch..

When will these apps be available?

================================================

I then posted this morning out of frustration with the lack of support/replies:

FYI nhl.tv does NOT work using the oculus browser or any other browser I tried with (like samsung browser) :( does that mean Oculus Go does not use Flash or something similar? I can access nhl.com, but when I try to access my account and try to watch a live stream, it does not even come up and wants to try and look for google play store for the nhl.com app which of course does not exist for Oculus.. what gives?!?!  

Also still waiting for Oculus Support (is there any??) on my initial question opened up over a week ago on that as well as apps for HBO, Amazon Prime, Vudu, mlb at bat, etc..

What is the point of support or forums if no one answers?? :(

Thanks
  • Zaw208Zaw208 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    This isn't so much about the GO as it is with this recommendation forum. Web Dev should go have a look at Wyze Cam's Roadmap forum. It just seems a little better than how this page is setup.
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 174 Oculus Staff
    Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!
  • raeldorraeldor Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    Come on guys.  This is a great piece of hardware, but you seem to have done nothing to provide more social applications or enhancements to go with it.  I expected more from Facebook.  A device is only as good as the software that runs on it.  Rooms is pretty much the same application it was a year ago.  Where is Oculus Spaces for example?  Please... more innovation on the software front!
  • DanielmarkDanielmark Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features: -Download manager.
  • DilipDilip Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    This is right time to Upgrade OC GO with SD835/845 with better battery and power bank+USB Support.. Doing this little is enough to fuel sales to new records for already good performing device...Sadly now focus of OC is Quest.. >:)
  • Cance11ationCance11ation Posts: 542
    Nexus 6
    Somones' mentioned before. Have controller attached to headset so it doesn't sleep.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited April 15
    WHY Oculus GO gets a STICKY and RIFT does not? 
    The https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift is still a hidden Link not seen on the Forum!
    They promised to add it because they constantly say post there and DEVs will look.
    Just look at that long string of numbers for crying out aloud!
    Seriously, this thread should NOT exist but you should add Links to the forum for https://oculus.uservoice.com/
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 174 Oculus Staff
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    WHY Oculus GO gets a STICKY and RIFT does not? 
    The https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift is still a hidden Link not seen on the Forum!
    They promised to add it because they constantly say post there and DEVs will look.
    Just look at that long string of numbers for crying out aloud!
    Seriously, this thread should NOT exist but you should add Links to the forum for https://oculus.uservoice.com/
    Hey Mac Man - Thanks for the callout! I have a couple things I can share here. This thread was originally created before we had included Oculus Go on UserVoice. To your point, I think it makes less sense now to have a stickied thread for Oculus Go (or any product really) suggestions now that UserVoice is the preferred place for that type of feedback.

I believe I have commented in the past that I've heard your feedback as to not surfacing the UserVoice link more prominently on the forums, and I want to reaffirm that sentiment. We're still looking into the best place and way to do that, so we appreciate you hanging tight in the meantime. I do want to call out this stickied thread which currently directs any Rift feature requests to UserVoice in the OP. I'll update the title of that thread to include a UserVoice mention while we work on a more permanent link solution for the forums. Thanks!
  • khanbabagkhanbabag Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    3D backgrounds are totally insane. I love that. :)
  • walkabouttiggerwalkabouttigger Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Why can I find no mechanical or virtual FOCUS control?
    My frustration level with this device, from having to sign in to anInternet service and download an app to a smart phone to use a supposedly stand-alone device is utterly mind blowing.
    I want to watch my Netflix and other media while in an environment that has no Internet connectivity and I want to see it in focus.  Is the Go simply incapable of this level of functionality?
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 823
    3Jane
    Why can I find no mechanical or virtual FOCUS control?
    My frustration level with this device, from having to sign in to anInternet service and download an app to a smart phone to use a supposedly stand-alone device is utterly mind blowing.
    I want to watch my Netflix and other media while in an environment that has no Internet connectivity and I want to see it in focus.  Is the Go simply incapable of this level of functionality?

You do realize you need an actual internet connection to watch Netflix, yes?