New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Сomedic VR game “Wheelchair Simulator” – All profits go to charity!

ViraGames1ViraGames1 Posts: 2
NerveGear

We’ve just launched “Wheelchair Simulator VR” - a comedic VR game that dares players to traverse a city by pushing two wheels with their own hands. That’s not easy as the place is pretty much ignorant towards the wheelchair users. On their journey players will be accompanied by a sarcastic narrator who shares his own story, cracks jokes and comments on players successes and failings.

This narrator is Dmytro Schebetyuk who suffered a spinal injury seven years ago, but the incident hasn’t stopped him as he’s into performing extreme wheelchair stunts, hitchhiking around the world and he’s also participated in the paralympics.

Check our trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F61p2JocuAk

And amazing gameplay by Beautiful O.B https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2dh7QYuG7U&t=18s

And Oculus Store link: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1655593951188670/ 

It would be amazing to hear what you think!

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,045 Valuable Player
    edited May 10

This looks like a pretty novel and smart use of VR... downloading now!

Also, still had £6.01 store credit left from the Oculus' March debacle so you got it ;)

Edit: hmmm, the game isn't getting passed an 'Unauthorized login to Oculus' message at startup. There's a small 'Hold down trigger to skip' message but doing so quits the game. I've restarted the PC and re-installed the game but no change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
  • ViraGames1ViraGames1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hey Daftn!

Sorry for that bug, It occured afer we uploaded a patch. Everything is fine now, so please give it another try!

edited May 14

Thanks @ViraGames1, I've been away for a few days so just got to give this another try now and everything works great.

Really like it, just played through some of the story mode... the roads had me feeling like I'm in Frogger! Very nervous sitting by the road waiting to pluck up courage to cross. I guess I'm looking forward to finding out what else is in store :#  Definitely a great idea and has a message that comes across in a surprisingly entertaining way.

I recommend.

Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,399 Poster of the Week
    Proceeds go to charity, you say?  Yeah, I'll throw some of my store credits at that, too!

tbh I'm interesting how the wheelchair motion-control mechanics work anyways, so.. :wink:

The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.

You may feel a little motion sickness at first, especially if you turn too quickly, as you obviously don't have the real-world feeling of turning... but I got used to it pretty quickly. The only thing I'd say is the in-game hands aren't quite in the position of your hands... they're a little further away. This may be deliberate as it means you don't have to reach down so far to grab the wheels but maybe it would have been better to have true hand positioning. Otherwise no complaints.

• AlexaMichAlexaMich Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Guys, your game is boring as hell.  :p 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,008 Volunteer Moderator
    And what's your game like ? Haven't seen it. Is yours for charity as well ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 483
    Trinity
    I would really buy this if I knew that the proceeds were all going to this charity.  Sorry but I can be a bit susceptible sometimes.  Maybe a donation directed to a known charity would be better?
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,044 Valuable Player
    edited December 5
    I've just looked at the reviews. I'm at a loss as to why some people rate a game 1 star just because it crashes on load. You can get a refund or contact support, so can you please stop rating games you haven't even played..
    edited December 5
    I haven't rated a game on Oculus yet, is it possible to comment on a game without choosing a star taking? as in unrated. If not, it might be a good option to have.... an unrated (zero star) rating that doesn't affect the average.

In this case the crashes were probably related to that early patch that was fixed pretty quickly.