New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Any PU Leather VRcover users have any opinions...

ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 172
Art3mis
Has anyone tried the Blue PU Leather facial cover from vrcover.com?

I am in the UK, and they seem to be available from America only, so wondered if anyone from UK had purchased them and from anybody as to whether they are worth the $58 outlay, (As I need to buy the basic facial interface kit as well?)

My original foam is getting a bit smelly after 6 months of use and sharing with various family and friends!! :-s

Thanks
Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,106 Power Poster
    edited May 11
    Has anyone tried the Blue PU Leather facial cover from vrcover.com?

I am in the UK, and they seem to be available from America only, so wondered if anyone from UK had purchased them and from anybody as to whether they are worth the $58 outlay, (As I need to buy the basic facial interface kit as well?)

My original foam is getting a bit smelly after 6 months of use and sharing with various family and friends!! :-s

Thanks

Double check that—I think all the PU kits come with everything you need. *Edit: I see the one you’re looking at. That’s new, they didn’t used to sell the pads on their own. 

Anyway, I have the thin PU leather, and I like it a lot better than the original foam interface. I would recommend just getting the basic $29 set, unless you absolutely must have blue. 

Also, I think it ships out of Thailand, not the US. They just list the prices in US dollars due to the target market. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • RolzRolz Posts: 163
    Art3mis
    been running the vrcover.com set now for 6months and love them... nice to be able to remove one wash and whilst thats being washed and dried I have another to pop on it.
    I have the red...
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    So just to clarify, does the Standard set come with a PU Leather cover already?

I only mentioned the blue pack as I thought only those extra packs have the PU Leather pads, but if there is one included in the standard pack, I do not need to bother :-)

• EvogaEvoga Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Just stick with the standard set as I only use the small leather cover that comes with that one, I also purchased the velour set and Its way to stiff and puts pressure on the side of my face.

It only took a week to be shipped from Thailand via DHL to the UK and no customs charges.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,106 Power Poster
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    So just to clarify, does the Standard set come with a PU Leather cover already?

I only mentioned the blue pack as I thought only those extra packs have the PU Leather pads, but if there is one included in the standard pack, I do not need to bother :-)
    The $29 basic set comes with a thin black pu leather cover and a fabric cover, and the $49 standard set includes the contents of the basic set plus two additional pu leather covers in thin and thick sizes. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
    Art3mis
    Great. Thanks for the tips.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,570 Valuable Player
    edited May 14
    I use the thick PU, I prefer it to the thin one. You should defiantly buy from VR cover because not only is it washable, but it produces less sweat in the CV1 because it breaths air much better. It's also 150% more comfortable then the horrible foam CV1 uses right now..
    Art3mis
    Just to close this off...

I went ahead and bought the $49 set which arrived about 6 days later, and have to say I am mighty impressed with the comfort level these bring.

I can wear my HMD for hours without any discomfort setting in, plus the lens "fogging" is lessened due to the greater nose gap.

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 293
    Nexus 6
    @ElusiveMarlin - thanks for the close off.  I'll blame you for me ordering the same set :p

The brief user review was enough to tip my hand.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    Art3mis
    One final tip... I thought I'd prefer the thicker pad, but actually, the thinner one is most comfortable for me,  and the thicker one "tricks" the proximity sensor into staying on permanently, even when you have the HMD sat on the desk, so it stays running hot in that configuration.