cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go - Red mark after 10-15 mins wear.

ttluv2004
Honored Guest
Hello,

Does anyone know proper way to wear the Go (I'd assumed just put it on)? or anyone having the same issue?
I keep getting red mark on the cheeks after mild usage (10-15 mins). Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don’t want there to be pressure on your face, but you want it just snug enough to not wiggle. Make sure you put the triangle shape of the strap on the back base of your skull. Make sure all of the straps are snug, not tight. I used to have this problem with the Oculus Rift when I first got it and after playing around with it a bit I found the sweet spot for me. I suggest playing around with the configuration until it doesn’t leave marks and is comfortable. Hope this helps.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
I put on headphones first, then I strap the go on over the top of the headphones. That distributes the weight better. Tightening the top strap a bit lifts some of the weight off the cheeks too.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you adjusted the straps? 
https://support.oculus.com/1558831994213381/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

burning_airline
Expert Protege
I'm just going to develop a ring shaped face callus.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Welcome to VR Face.

(Image taken from the Interweb. That's not me, folks!)

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I really don't understand why it's not made of the same stuff VR cover is made from. I find it strange how some other company can make another companies headset feel comfy to wear. I hope CV2 isn't made of the same stuff Oculus CV1 is made from. I couldn't wear CV1 more then 20 mins until VR cover came along and solved the problem for me and others. I can wear Oculus CV1 with VR cover for as-long as I want now with zero red marks. I'm not sure VR cover can do anything for the GO though, you'll just have to hope they can since Oculus don't seem to want to change the irritating sfuff that sits on your face.

Comfort for me is a massive thing, so I really hope they get CV2 right, because I'll be waiting for VR cover if they don't..

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I have the leathery cover from VR Cover, and it still leaves a mild "rift face." Not as predominant, but it's there for a good 30 minutes after I've been in VR for 1+ hours.

But VR Cover wasn't free! If the Rift was made of the same stuff, the price would go up.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I would definitely pay the extra to have a comfy headset because if it wasn't for VR cover I'm not sure I could have used the CV1 for more then 20 mins at a time. I realise some people may have sensitive skin types, but CV1 really was uncomfortable for me, and lasting 20 mins at a time would have made me use my headset less and less..
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?