New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

oculus go heating problem

thlong399thlong399 Posts: 18
NerveGear
while playing poker vr, the go disconnected and displayed the message "your headset is getting hot..." . When I checked the front, it was hot like boiling water. Has anyone had this issue?

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,650 Volunteer Moderator
    How long were you playing? Were you charging it at the same time? So far the headset has barely gotten warm for me. Is this happening with any other games or just Poker VR?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can you please contact us so we can look into this? https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • thlong399thlong399 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    How long were you playing? Were you charging it at the same time? So far the headset has barely gotten warm for me. Is this happening with any other games or just Poker VR?
    I was playing for like 2 hours, and I just started charging it while playing about 10-15 mins. I did play another game (texas poker) while charging for like 3 hours and nothing happened. 
  • thlong399thlong399 Posts: 18
    NerveGear

I'll try contact support after I done with my exam. 
  • ClassicGODClassicGOD Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    When battery is close to 0% it will get charged with a higher current and will heat up. This introduces another heat source to the system making it more likely to overheat. If the battery is charged (or close to charged) but Go is connected it doesn't charge the battery (or uses lower current and doesn't heat up as much) and thus can be used longer without overheating. 
    The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.
  • kellykincaid88kellykincaid88 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Mine is doing the same thing when not plugged in after playing for only an hour. No use before and fully charged at start.
  • vwellsvwells Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited January 8
    Wow.  My GO is also overheating after about an hour.  It was fully charged to start.  Any thoughts on why this may be happening?
  • BennyT73BennyT73 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Mine is doing the exact same thing, also with VR poker. Never had this problem before. The front left side gets super hot. 
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 134 Oculus Staff
    BennyT73 said:
    Mine is doing the exact same thing, also with VR poker. Never had this problem before. The front left side gets super hot. 

Hey BennyT73, that's unusual. Please create a support ticket at support.oculus.com/885981024820727 so we can help you with this. Thanks! -Rick

• benmaxbenmax Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 780
    3Jane
    edited January 28

Hey mate, what date are you leaving Oculus Staff? And will you still be a regular member of the forums after that time?

Also will someone else be taking over your role to help people out?

EDIT: To contribute to this thread, I've not had any overheating issues whilst playing with my GO guys. Also the only time I have charged whilst using is when I watch Netflix in bed. Never had any issues doing this.

I wouldn't recommend charging whilst playing games.
  • BigO5699BigO5699 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Mine is doing the same thing when not plugged in after playing for only an hour. No use before and fully charged at start.
    I'm having the same exact problem